What Kind of Parent They Are

REQUESTED BY: _clempetit_

A/N: Takes place during your marriage (aged up, and adopted children for the girls and demons of course).

--

Tanjiro:

He's your child's cheerleader. He's extremely supportive of them no matter how they grow up to be, believing that you both raised a good kid. Because of this, your child is really close with him and often goes to him for advice and/or help.

Nezuko:

She quietly dotes on your child, not finding it in herself to ever play 'bad cop' with them. Discipline usually falls to you, but you both work together to make sure they're raised up well. Your child is closer to Nezuko because of you quiet support (and her amazing hugs).

Zenitsu:

He's loud and proud about how much he loves and cherishes them (even if it embarrasses both of you in the process). He can't bear to yell at them and often bursts into tears with them when you scold them. Despite this, he can be firm when he needs to be. Your child ends up a little closer to you, but they know they can rely on their father for support.

Inosuke:

He tries to teach them all sorts of life skills, especially survival tactics outdoors. He can be brash and loud with them (and although discipline falls to you, he has no qualms about scolding them) but would legitimately fight a stranger for your child. He's a very eager teacher and gets proud when he successfully teaches them something new.

Giyuu:

He may seem flat and uncaring, but he genuinely cares about your child... and is a total pushover most of the time. While he can be firm, your child knows that anything you wouldn't approve of, it's likely that he'll let them do it. You have to be careful not to let your child take advantage of his soft heart though, lest you end up scolding them both.

Kyojuro:

He's very warm and affectionate with your child (who somehow turned out to be a carbon copy of your husband in terms of physical appearance, no matter their sex). He never turns down an opportunity to hug them and let them know how proud he is of them, even if they end up not taking up slayer training (really, he'd prefer they didn't, but he'll support them regardless).

Muichiro:

He's a fairly big pushover when it comes to your child, and you usually end up scolding them both. He likes to tease them, and with his exceptionally-blank expression he can usually get them to believe just about anything he says... until they get older and can decipher when he's joking.

Shinobu:

She is a master at the Mom Aura... and with one look alone can make even you feel guilty enough to fess up on something you did wrong. She's a master at discipline and teaches your child everything she knows about the medical field (and her specialty, poisons). She's generally very patient and cheerful with them and is an excellent teacher.

Gyomei:

He's very patient and calm with them; he has had a lot of experience with children and as such is perfect father material. Because of this, your child is very close with him.

Sanemi:

He takes a bit of a tough love approach sometimes, but is generally softer with your child. He doesn't want them to take after your professions and tries to discourage them away from becoming a slayer, but if they do decide to become one he's determined to train them up to become even stronger than either of you.

Akaza:

He's a devoted father to the child you adopt, wanting them to have a much better life than he has led. He wants them to be strong, both emotionally and physically, so he teaches them self-defense from a young age. He's a born teacher and is patient as he explains different moves to your child.

Douma:

He generally leaves any tough parenting to you, as you've had more experience. He's the cheerful, playful dad that they go to for fun (and he'll generally let them get away with more shenanigans than you would).

Kokushibo:

He's a silent fixture in your lives, quick to teach and always willing to discipline wherever necessary. He's a patient man with your adopted child as he trains them up in basic self-defense when they're young, and when they're old enough he formally trains them in Moon Breathing to become his successor.

Muzan:

He studies the child as you raise them, determining if they'll be a worthy heir. When they prove to be good enough, he lets them train under one of his Upper Moons (it'll probably end up being Akaza or Kokushibo, as neither of you trust Douma with them) before turning them in order to follow in his footsteps.

Yoriichi:

He's a very patient and devoted man to your child, always there for a hug or a kind word if they need it. He can be a pushover at times and usually leaves discipline to you, but he's a born teacher and takes great pride in teaching them all sorts of different things.