If You Betrayed Them

A/N: For maximum angst, here's the other half. (I'm going with a double-agent vibe for this one: either Reader was working for Muzan as a human agent the whole time under duress, or Reader turned against the Moons due to her loyalty to Kagaya, the one who took her in after her family died.)

MANGA SPOILERS FOR ANIME-ONLY! WARNING FOR BLOOD/GORE!

--

Tanjiro:

He can't believe you would do this. The second you turned away, he felt himself yanked away by his hair, making him yell and struggle.

No matter how many times he weakly called your name, you never looked back.

Did you even love him at all?

Nezuko:

She's just standing there in shock, uncomprehending of what's happening, as you tearfully turn away. The vines constrict around her tighter, pricking her skin and making her let out a muffled yell of pain.

Muzan patted your head condescendingly as he stepped forward, intent on making off with his prize.

Zenitsu:

He let out a choked gasp as you shoved him towards Kaigaku's blade, your cry of apology swallowed by crackling lightning and white-hot pain coursing through his chest.

Anguished tears pooled in his eyes as he coughed wetly onto the ground. He could hear his master's former pupil congratulating you in a mocking tone, taunting you for what you'd just done.

Even though he was hurting, he couldn't help but feel a spark of hope when he heard your remorse - but it was quickly crushed when the newly-turned Upper Moon Six decided he'd had enough of a use out of you.

Inosuke:

Douma's ice was too much for him to handle - and he was beginning to feel the effects of it on his lungs. However, when he looked up at you, you were standing behind the Moon with an expression of regret and fear - and all at once, he understood.

He yelled at you with all the strength left in his body, relishing in your tears as you tried to look away. He just couldn't understand why - why would you turn against him? And teaming up with the man who killed both Shinobu and his mother, no less?

Giyuu:

For the first time in his life, he turned his blade against a teammate as he reacted on instinct to block your blow to his neck. Then his eyes widened - had you just tried to behead him?

Your face was blank, but he could see the sadness in your eyes as you leapt back, readying your grip to try again. What the hell was going on?

And then he caught a glimpse of someone beyond the trees; one of Muzan's chosen elite was watching; watching and waiting for him to fall.

Giyuu's face hardened and he readied his katana. He wouldn't go down without a fight, no matter how much he had loved you.

Kyojuro:

As you battled on the train, he tried his best to keep his composure, even as you began to break down and yell. You'd never looked so angry and desperate, even as you explained your situation to your former friend. He couldn't understand it - couldn't you have asked for help? Couldn't you have relied on him?