Being Shorter Than Them

REQUESTED BY: potato_chip_flake

A/N: I think it's safe to say that most of you are shorter than most of this book's cast, but this will also be assuming you're shorter than Nezuko and Shinobu, some of the shortest ones here. Enjoy!

--

Tanjiro:

Your smaller height doesn't even phase him, and it's likely he doesn't even notice until someone points it out. He's just happy he has you to rely on during a fight. (You're very glad he doesn't joke about it - it's already a major sore spot that you hate bringing up.)

Nezuko:

At first, she's curious. Not a lot of people are shorter than her at the age of sixteen, yet here you are. The matter of your height quickly becomes a non-issue when she catches you kicking someone in the back of the knees because they made fun of your lack of stature. You're fine; she doesn't need to worry about protecting you when you've got the temper of a bear.

Zenitsu:

He thinks it's cute that you're shorter, and when you first met he could be found trailing behind you like a lost puppy with a blush on his cheeks, hands clasped. His adoration quickly became awe when he saw you fight for the first time - a shortstack like you kicking major ass was strangely even more attractive.

Inosuke:

The first time you realized your height difference was when Inosuke casually rested his arm atop your head while you were standing side by side. You'd pushed him off, irritated, and when he did it again you grabbed your sheathed sword and bonked him on the head with it. You'd fought after that, but when you got your wounds nursed by Tanjiro later, you decided it was worth it to hear Inosuke declare that you hit way harder than he was expecting.

Giyuu:

He doesn't even notice your height for a while. He's used to dealing with Shinobu, at the grand height of only 151 cm. It's only when he calls you a shorty during a brief argument, causing your chest to puff up in indignation and you start snapping back that he actually realizes, "Wait, you really are short, aren't you?"

Well rub it right in, huh?!

Kyojuro:

He doesn't care all that much about your height, or at least beyond scooping you up as if you're weightless. No matter how red your face gets or how much you halfheartedly protest, it's his favorite thing to do. Luckily you don't mind - you've got a crush on him the size of Alaska and him even putting a hand on your shoulder makes butterflies appear in your gut.

Muichiro:

At first, he's only a little surprised that you're shorter than he is. You're sixteen and shorter than your younger superior? But after a while he stops caring about it. You can fight, so you're decent company.

Shinobu:

It was legitimately surprising to her when she noticed your height difference for the first time; usually she's so distracted with work and tending to wounds that she doesn't take it in, but when she called for you and you looked up into her face, it finally hit her.

Your viewpoint is that you're both really short, so you don't care that much. What annoys you is when people see you as a younger girl and ask if you're sisters. It's not your fault you got the short end of the genetic stick - at least she's gracious enough not to laugh about it to your face.

Gyomei:

Being shorter than him is practically a given - he's used to being the tallest guy in the room by far. So he's more than gracious about your lack of stature, and is willing to use his height to both of your advantage (such as when you need help cleaning away cobwebs from the ceiling). (To be honest, one of your only concerns about him is how sore his neck and back must be from tilting himself downwards to interact with you; you make it a point to give him a good massage at least once a week.)

Sanemi:

He's not mean about it, per se, but he never gives up the opportunity to poke fun at you about your height. His nickname for you back from when you first met, 'shorty', soon becomes an affectionate pet name. No matter how much it annoys you to be reminded of it, you know he loves you; it certainly doesn't stop you from kicking his ass during training.

Akaza:

Your height difference doesn't really bother either of you; he would have never noticed, given that he's not tall enough to stand out in a crowd. At least he doesn't have to strain his neck just to look you in the eye.

Douma:

He stands at an impressive height above all who come to him, and that's partially what intrigued you in the first place. Despite his charming smile and intimidating aura, Douma seems to find himself quite benevolent to those that interest him, and you, looking up at him with (in his eyes) all the might of a wet kitten with a sword that could end him if he willed it, definitely interested him.

It annoys you every single time he holds you up by the back of your collar, but he gets a kick out of it so much that you're resigned to the fact that he won't stop.

Kokushibo:

Despite virtually remaining the same height after shedding his humanity, Kokushibo remains one of the tallest people you know - and he knows it. Despite intimidating everyone else, you know he has a soft spot for you - plus, it's kind of fun knowing he can effortlessly scare the pants off of anyone bothering you with his presence alone.

Muzan:

It amuses him that you have to crane your neck a bit to look him in the face. It makes him feel even more powerful. His height doesn't bother you much; he's not tall enough to matter, and you're used to his antics by this point.

Yoriichi:

Not a lot of people are as tall as he is, so he tries not to acknowledge the fact that you're shorter than him. Man has inches on everyone you know - and despite his intimidating, stoic nature, he's very cuddly when he wants to be. It doesn't stop you from using him as a threat towards anyone trying to do you harm. Benevolent he may be, but his reputation as a fierce Sun Breath master is widely renowned.

--

A/N: This was really wholesome to write.

Please tell me what you thought!