Your Child Has a Nightmare

REQUESTED BY: clempetit

A/N: Set while the child is young (like 2-3 years).

--

Tanjiro:

Your child's cries immediately wake the two of you up, just in time for their tiny body to throw open the door, tears staining their face as they launch themself at your bed.

He holds them close as they wail into his chest, trying to describe the horrible nightmare they had in between hiccupping sobs. It isn't long before he's crying too, trying to console them as he hugs them like they'll disappear.

Nezuko:

Nezuko is awake even before you even hear the scream - and she's up like a flash while you're sitting up in bed wondering what the hell is happening. When she comes back with your baby as they're wailing loud enough to wake the dead (or Zenitsu), you realize they had a nightmare.

Nezuko's own eyes are wet with tears as you both hug your child close, reassuring them that you aren't going anywhere.

Zenitsu:

Zenitsu is awake even before he hears the yelling from your child's room, hearing them toss and turn in their bed. He decides to get up, and just as he does, the shriek makes him wince and clap his hands over his ears.

You spare him the trouble and hurry off to get your baby, he can hear you comforting them as they sob and blubber about the nightmare.

Inosuke:

Inosuke is dead asleep when your child screams for you. While you scramble out of bed to get your child, he wakes and sits up groggily for a moment before grabbing his katanas, thinking there's an intruder.

When you bring the baby in, he reluctantly puts them away and lets them curl up against his chest sandwiched between you two, gripping the ends of his hair as they whimper and cry.

Giyuu:

Tomioka startles awake and grabs his katana when he hears your baby scream - and quick as a flash, the two of you are in their room - only for him to sag against you in relief when all that's happening is your child is crying from having a bad dream.

Kyojuro:

Kyojuro is already on it as soon as your baby starts to wail - and as he brings them in, he explains they had a nightmare. You both end up with the child curled up between you, comforting them and letting them know that they're safe.

Muichiro:

You wake up first as your baby yells for you, and when you get to their room, you end up falling asleep in there - and he later wakes up, wondering where you went, only to go to the baby's room and find you both asleep. He just grabs a spare pillow and curls up to both of you, going back to sleep.

Shinobu:

Shinobu's first response it to grab her sword as your baby yells in the middle of the night - but when she gets to the baby's room, she drops it in relief when they blubber about the nightmare they had. She ends up soothing them back to sleep in her arms, and ends up falling asleep in the rocking chair near the crib. You end up finding her after coming home and putting a blanket over them and tucking a pillow beneath her head.

Gyomei:

Gyomei is stunned awake when your baby starts screaming, and in his panic he ends up nearly breaking the door off its hinges to get to their room, fearing the worst. When he's holding them in his arms and they tell him it was a nightmare, he sags against the wall in relief, crying with them.

Sanemi:

Sanemi bolts when he hears the baby cry, followed closely by you as you rush to get to their room. Only when he's standing in the doorway does he stop panicking so much, and the two of you end up sitting in their room lulling them back to sleep. Sanemi can't move his arm from your back, eyes still vigilant as he stares into the darkness.

Akaza:

Akaza was meditating when he heard your child cry, and as he goes to their room, they start wailing about the nightmare they had. He ends up shushing them and lulling them back to sleep, even as you rush into the room in a panic.

Douma:

One of your attendants hurriedly tells you about your child's nightmare, before you even hear the wailing - and you rush off to comfort your baby, knowing Douma would be preoccupied with Kizuki business.

Kokushibo:

As tough and cold as your husband can be, there's a gentle side of him that you really only get to see when it comes to your child. When they start crying in the middle of the night, he's the first to arrive at their room - and imagine your surprise when you see him holding them in his arms, softly talking to them about the dream they had.

Muzan:

Seeing as your husband is usually busy, it's up to you to comfort your baby when they wake up screaming, crying for you. You have it under control, having done it more times than you can count.

Yoriichi:

Yoriichi is the first to bolt out of bed at the first sound of your child's screaming - and with you closely behind, there's a panic that you hardly ever see from the normally-stoic man as he yanks the door to their room open - and once you both realize it's just a nightmare, he looks so exhausted as he lifts them out of their bed and hugs them tight, one hand cradling the back of their head.

A/N: Please tell me what you thought.