A Failed Date

A/N: This isn't going to be the same date as the one from the previous one. Consider this a separate date. Enjoy!

--

Tanjiro:

"Ah, this is so nice," you sighed in contentment as you both relaxed in the cool water.

"Isn't it?" The brunet agreed, smiling at you. "I'm just glad we found this spot. It's been so hot lately, I thought it'd be perfect."

"And it is," you rested your cheek on his bare shoulder, though it was still damp from the river. "Thank you. Really."

The two of you sat there in silence, enjoying the birds chirping in the treetops overhead and the warm sun beating down on your heads.

All was perfect...

... until you both heard Inosuke's shouts from a ways away. Both of you looked up worriedly as Zenitsu began screaming too, begging him not to do... something. You couldn't really hear what it was from this distance, nor did you really want to.

Both of you paused. Tanjiro looked at you. You looked at Tanjiro.

...

You sighed, shaking your head with an amused smile. "Better go see what's happening before it gets ugly."

Nezuko:

The two of you were curled up under your haori, admiring the full moon. Nezuko's bright, pink eyes were half-lidded in contentment as you sipped a warm cup of cider.

"Thank you, Nezuko," you crooned, smiling down at the younger girl. She leaned into your touch when you patted her head, closing her eyes as she beamed back.

Just as she leaned in to rest her head on your shoulder, her eyes snapped open, her pupils narrowed into slits. She looked around before jumping up, making you down the rest of the cup and reach for your katana.

"Well well well, what have we here?" A slimy voice drawled somewhere to your right. You both tensed as a demon came form the darkness of the woods, a lecherous grin on its face as it wiped away the drool from its lips.

"Looks like that date is over," you laughed wryly, steeling yourself for battle. "Let's beat this guy and go back inside, eh?"

Nezuko nodded firmly, readying her claws.

Zenitsu:

The two of you were just leaving a village to go back to where you were staying, laughing about this and that. Your arms were full of little goodies from your time to give to the others (especially Inosuke, who would pout if you forgot about him).

On your way down the road to the Wisteria house, Zenitsu stiffened.

"Get down!" he barked, pulling you into a crouch just as a demon lunged overhead.

"Aw crap," you grumbled, smoothing down your clothes as you reached for your sword. "Really? You can't leave us alone even on a date?"

Inosuke:

For your date, you decided to take him to another village for a festival. You made him wear a yukata (he still wore it open wide enough to show off his chest) and you even dressed up a little bit for it.

As soon as you got there, you both got something to pregame your, er, gaming, and to plan out your strategy for what booths you should visit. As trigger-happy as Inosuke could get, that man sure was serious when it came to sightseeing. First would be half of the booths, then you would meet by the takoyaki stand for some more food, then the other half of the booths, then meet by the takoyaki stand again for more food and you'd go home. It was a flawless plan. Absolutely nothing could go wrong.