If They Were Taunted About Your Death

REQUESTED BY: Aidan1213

A/N: There's a bit of backstory for this one: You were killed, and although your partner knew who did it, they couldn't find them for the longest time. When they next find them and get into a fight with them, your murderer taunts your partner about your death.

Hoo boy, this one got me for a while there. I legit had to force this out so I could stop looking at the "DRAFT" right next to the title. Enjoy the angst (and ow, the edge).

Content warning for some violence, moreso than I'd usually write for this book.

--

"It really is such a shame your partner was so weak," the demon taunted with a cackle. "She wasn't even worth the effort it took to kill her!"

Tanjiro:

Everything in his body freezes to ice as he sees red. Not a lot can piss him off enough to make him lose it, but today is the day he finds out what that is.

Instead of getting outwardly angry, his eyes grow ice-cold. His movements are methodical, clinical, as he leaps at the demon with his entire aura screaming with the intent to kill.

It's only after he's slain them that he allows himself a moment to grieve again, tears dribbling down his cheeks as he looks up at the night sky and whispers, "It's done, (y/n). You can rest."

Nezuko:

Jeering at her was the biggest mistake of this idiot's life.

In the blink of an eye, Nezuko's pupils narrow into slits and she bites down on the gag hard enough for the bamboo to creak in protest. She turns to her brother for a moment, and all at once he understands. Stepping forward, he undoes the gag - and even before he can pull it away, she's leaping at the demon with a scream of unadulterated rage.

The resulting battle is bloody and horrific - and Nezuko is left with blood splattered all over her favorite kimono and staining the sakura-flower hairpin in her hair, the very last gift you'd given her before you'd been murdered. She clenches her fists and shrieks at the sky before big, salty tears begin pouring down her cheeks and she begins to sob - partly out of sorrow, but mostly from relief.

Zenitsu:

He freezes, eyes wide at the demon who dared taunt him. In the next moment, his eyes are narrowed in rage - and he leaps at them, a scream on his lips. "DON'T YOU DARE TALK ABOUT HER THAT WAY!"

He's fought harder than he's ever fought before - his heart is pounding in his throat as he slashes at the demon, and by the time Nezuko pulls him away they're dead on the ground in an unrecognizable pile of flesh.

He sobs into her chest, falling to his knees as she wraps her arms around him, hugging him as tight as he could stand.

Inosuke:

A growl rips through his throat, eyes narrowed in a blinding anger as he leaps at them, bloodlust violently rising.

"You aren't worthy to even say her name, you son of a bitch!" He yells, bringing his swords down in an almost animalistic desire to kill.

The resulting battle is short-lived - almost laughably so. Inosuke is left standing there, swords in hand, heaving breaths making his body rigid from adrenaline. The blood splattered across his boar head made him look almost manic, moreso as he began to laugh maniacally.