When They're Sick

A/N: Nezuko and the Moons/Muzan will be absent for obvious reasons.

--

Tanjiro:

Tanjiro is honestly the perfect ill patient. He complies with every command you make, content to let you take care of him. He'll sleep off the fever, and unless he really is too weak to do something himself, he'll likely not want to hassle you and will do it by himself. It doesn't mean he's not grateful when you step up to help, of course!

Zenitsu:

Zenitsu is honestly a big drama queen when he gets sick. He constantly demands your attention and cries at small things, though if you coddle him a bit he'll be placated enough to cooperate. He'll only sleep if you're next to him, and he'll likely want you to help him if he needs to get up.

Inosuke:

Inosuke is stubborn as all hell if he ever gets sick. Since it's a new experience for him, he's confused and angry -- what do you mean he needs to sleep? He's just a bit sluggish and dizzy, but he can still walk around just fine! He'll likely fight anything you try to make him do (unless it involves eating), but he can be placated for a while if you do feed him. Or you could just knock him out with some sleeping medicine, that works too.

Giyuu:

Giyuu is quiet and subdued. He doesn't want to bother you, so he'll likely try to hide his sickness -- but once you figure it out, he'll go along with what you tell him to. He'll want to still try and do things by himself, but if you notice him struggling and force him to let you help, he'll give in. He just wants to get through this without burdening you with his weaknesses, no matter how much you reassure him that you could never be burdened by him.

Kyojuro:

Kyojuro takes his sickness in stride. He knows himself well enough to know when he needs to stay down, so if he's sick enough to still be in bed, Senjuro will reassure you that he'll be fine and he'll help you care for his sick older brother. Kyo will try his best not to burden you with helping him, but he's not above asking for help if he needs to get up or if he needs you to get him something.

He's still as smiley as ever, though his enthusiasm is dampened a bit by his illness. He does appreciate your help, though.

Muichiro:

Muichiro hardly ever gets sick nowadays, but when he does, he's stubborn about it. He tries to soldier on through it, brushing off some of your attempts to help. It's only when it gets so bad that he collapses that he allows you to mother-hen him, getting him to bed and ordering him to stay there until he's better.

He's a bit embarrassed that he let himself get this bad, so he may sulk a bit during the days he's sick, but he appreciates you helping him through it.

Shinobu:

Shinobu takes such good care of herself, she hardly ever gets sick. But when she does, she takes care of it quickly. She's such a pro at masking her illness, you'd likely never know she was sick unless she collapses, which again, is almost never.

She may seem in lower spirits for a few days, but she'll bounce back in no time, having access to a wide array of medicines and getting more rest than usual. Aoi is really good at pushing her to slow down during this period of time, taking more of her duties on herself to give her a break.

Gyomei:

Gyomei hardly ever gets sick, but when he does, he takes it in stride. Usually he'll only go to you for help when it's so bad that he has to be bedridden (which is rare), but most often he'll take care of everything.

When you have to nurse him, he'll make sure you know how much he appreciates your help. He's such a big man that you feel kind of silly nursing him, but it's all worth it when he finally gets enough strength to get up again.

Sanemi:

When Sanemi gets sick, it's like trying to wrestle a cat into a bath. He's stubborn as hell, insisting that he's fine and that he'll get over it. He'll likely be more curt than usual, brushing you off until it gets so bad that he collapses. Even when you usher him to bed, he's grumbling, insisting that it's not as bad as it seems.

Secretly, though, he likes having you dote over him like this. While he hates being this vulnerable, feeling your gentle touch as you nurse him and make sure he's comfortable makes him feel safe again. That doesn't mean you won't be in for some sulking once he gets better, though.

Yoriichi:

Yoriichi sometimes gets sick with how much he overworks himself, but usually he'll try to power through it on his own. If you notice him sick, though, he'll be a bit hesitant to slow down but he'll eventually take your advice and go to bed.

He's apologetic as you nurse him back to health, and he tries to make your load a bit lighter by doing some things himself, but if he genuinely can't, he appreciates your help. He's a sweetheart when it comes to being a patient.