King Of Nothing (Adam x Fem Reader)

"Do you want takeout for dinner tonight babe?" you hum as you knock on the bedroom door before opening it.

You're shocked at what you see.

"It's not what it looks like, y/n!"

There stood in front of the bed, Adam with a small bottle in his hand. A pill bottle. Already half empty. You just point at him, eyes darting between his hand and his eyes.

"Not what is looks like?! Please don't tell me you took them" you exasperated. Adam just looked at the floor. "Why? You've been clean for sixteen years Adam! What made you relapse?"

"I......I..." Adam couldn't get his words out.

"I'm disappointed in you. I never thought this would happen"

"This isn't my fault y/n!" he snapped. You flinch at his sudden outburst. Adam notices. "Fuck. I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean to yell"

"How could you? After all these years? I don't understand why you would go back to that..." you trailed off.

"It's...complicated"

"Seriously? You don't have a reason? You just thought, 'fuck it, I'm going back to drugs and ruin my life again'?"

"No!" Adam took a step towards you. "Y/n, it's difficult to explain okay?"

"You know what? I'm not dealing with this. I thought I knew you Adam. But clearly I never did" you storm away and run for the bathroom, locking the door behind you.

"Y/n!" Adam calls after you. "Listen to me damnit!" he runs to the bathroom door and bangs his fists against the door. "Please come out, I can explain!"

You ignore him, shakily pulling your phone out and taking your time to text your best friend. You finally slide down the door, bringing your knees up to your chest, resting your head on the door. Why would Adam do this? What could possibly make him turn to OxyContin again? He was happy, happy with his life, or was he? Saint Asonia was in the middle of writing their third album, Three Days Grace doing the same also, that was something to look forward to. But Adam has gone back to his demons, even though you and him both thought he buried them a few years ago, clearly there's something about them that Adam can't stay away from. It's like his demons keep pulling him in and he can't resist something that strong. You just can't wrap your head around it.

You jump as you hear Adam's voice. "Baby, please, don't shut me out. I don't know why I went back to the pills. I-I guess it's like they were pulling me in. Like those pills were calling for me, calling my name, pulling me in. I just found myself holding those stupid pills and before I knew what was happening, I took them" Adam tried to hold back tears. "You have to believe me, y/n. Please" he begged.

You wanted to hug him but you can't forgive him, this is serious. Adam could be sent to jail or could even die if he gets addicted again. You just have to wait it out.

~~~

Eventually, you hear another voice talking.

"What happened? Y/n texted me that she needs me"

"Everything is fine Brad, go back home" Adam dismissed.

"Then why are you sat against the bathroom door?" he questioned.

"Brad!" you knocked on the door. "I want him out! I need to be alone for awhile. Please get him out"

"Y/n, please don't do this!" Adam begged.

"Adam, I don't know what happened but I think it's best if you go for a walk"

"This is nothing to do with you!"