Revenge (Adam x Gay Reader)

Months after Adam was shot, you spend every waking hour finding out who it was. You didn't stop until you find the man. You finally got a name.

You pull yourself away from looking at the framed photo of Adam, placing it back on the nightstand. You change outfits, all you wear now it's Adam's clothes since he's not around to wear them, plus they smell like him. You pick up the small box that the doctors found on Adam's body, you were too scared to open it. You sigh as you slowly do. Inside is a ring, an engagement ring. Tears fall from your eyes because Adam was going to propose to you.

You slip it on your finger, that's when you noticed it had y/n and Adam forever engraved on it.

"Adam..."

You wipe your eyes and get ready to head out. You're not really sure what the plan is but you'll figure something out.

~~~~~~

You arrive at the house and knock on the door.

"Can I help you?" a man dressed in black asked.

"I have an appointment. I'm y/n"

The man steps aside so you can walk in. You didn't think that would work. You see a long corridor with a door at the end. You pluck up the courage and storm into the room. A man turns to you.

"And you are?" he eyes you up and down with his eyebrow raised.

"You killed him!"

"You're gonna have to be more specific. I've killed a lot of people, pretty boy" the man finished putting his gun together after cleaning it.

You gulp as you watched the gun. "Adam Gontier! My boyfriend, you shot him!" you felt tears prick your eyes.

"What? No, that can't be..." he trailed off, sitting down.

You just looked at him, tears streaming down your face.

"I didn't recognise him, he's changed so much since I last saw him. Oh, god" he picked up his gun again, then looked at you, holding the gun out to you. "It shouldn't of been Adam, I'm sorry"

"Sorry's not good enough. It won't bring him back" you snatched the gun, pointing it at his head.

"Goodbye, Cale Gontier"

You pull the trigger.

The bullet flies past Cale, hitting the wall. Cale's eyes widen as you deliberately missed him.

"I'm not gonna stoop to your level and murder someone, even though I so want to" you slam the gun onto his desk. "I'm not gonna kill you, I want you to suffer, to live with what you've done, knowing you murdered your own cousin! Adam would be so ashamed of you, you disgust me. I hope you're happy for what you've done to my poor Adam" you look down at him.

~~~~~~

You walk through the graveyard, fresh flowers in your hand as you come to a stop at a gravestone, Adam's gravestone. You place the flowers down as you sit down, you trace your fingers over the writing on the stone.

"Hey Adam" you whisper, even though he can't hear you or talk back.

"I found your murderer. It was Cale" you wipe your eyes. "I'm sorry Adam but I just can't move on. I miss you too much. I want you back, I'd do anything to have you back, but I can't. I love you so much, Adam"

You leaned your head against the gravestone, closing your eyes.

You stirred awake as you felt someone shaking you. Opening your eyes, you saw bright blue eyes staring back at you.

"Are you alright, sir? You might catch a cold if you stay out here for too long"

You simply shake your head. The man looked at the gravestone, reading the description.

"I'm sorry for your loss"

"He was my boyfriend. Murdered by his own cousin, he even was gonna propose to me" you lift up your left hand, showing your ring.

The man gestured if he could sit next to you, you shuffle over, letting him sit down. You had to admit, he's quite handsome. You both just sat there, you told him about you and Adam, how he died, everything. The man just sat and listened to your story. He offers to take you home. He helps you up, both walking out of the graveyard.

"I'm Matt by the way"

Adam's spirit can finally rest easy knowing you can finally move on.