Famous? (Adam x Matt x Brad)

"Hey dad?" Brad rounded the corner to see his dad walking out to the backyard. "Is it alright if some friends come over? We've decided to start a band"

Brad walked with his dad into the garage to see Matt playing with his toy cars on one of the amps.

"Be careful Matt, those are expensive"

"Daddy! Daddy! Bwad in a band!" little baby Matt came running over into Adam's open arms.

"I know, kiddo. But yeah, that's fine Brad. As long as you don't play too loud so Matt can have a nap soon"

Adam sat down on the floor with Matt in his lap, he played 'cars' as Matt calls it with his son. He looked up and saw his nine year old playing around with a bass. Adam thought for a while until Matt constantly poked him, trying to get his attention.

"Daddy, you not pwaying!"

"Oh, yeah sorry, Matt. I was just thinking" Adam picked up one of the cars. "Y'know, I was in a band when I was in high school. We became famous"

"You were famous?!" Matt and Brad squealed in unison.

Brad starting asking questions frantically until Adam stopped him. "We called ourselves 'Saint Asonia', your uncle Cale was in the band too"

"He was? That's so cool!"

"Anyway, we got pretty big, the whole world know us. But then we had to stop" Adam paused, frowning, then looked up as he heard footsteps. "Ah, speak of the devil"

Cale strode into the garage, laughing as Matt was trying to say his name as they hugged, after, Cale just fist bumped Brad.

"So, why did you guys have to stop the band?" Brad asked, looking at his dad then to Cale, then back to Adam.

Adam opened his mouth but Cale interrupted him. "I'm guessing you guys know about Saint Asonia then?" he laughed. "The reason why was because your dad here, had to take a break from that life when your mother passed away. After talking about it, we all decided to break up the band because it was for the best. Your dad hasn't been the same since"

Cale noticed Adam wasn't listening to any of it as he was playing with his wedding ring, a lone tear ran down his cheek.

"I miss her so much" Adam's voice cracked.

All three of them wrapped their arms around Adam, engulfing him in a group hug. Adam caressed Matt's head as his sons told him it wasn't his fault, repeatingly telling him how much they love him. Soon enough they pulled away, Adam picking Matt up in his arms, before seeing three other kids tumble in.

"Dad, this is my band. We're called Three Days Grace"

"Cool name! Look at you, squirt. Following in your old mans footsteps. I'm so proud of you, only if your mother was here to see how grown up you two are"

"Daaad, you're embarrassing me!"

But Adam could see Brad missed his mother just as much as him. The kids picked up their own instruments, getting ready to jam out together.

"Why don't you boys give us a little show later on? I'm sure Matty will love it after his nap"

Matt cheered with the boys before Adam and Cale walked back inside, Adam taking one of his pride and joys up for a well deserved nap.