It's ok

Request by: Bitchyass_taco

Florida x Massachusetts hurt/comfort. This is kinda my first time writing this stuff so sorry if it's bad.

TW for: Implied self harm, self harm, and implied emotional abuse. Will add more trigger warnings if necessary.

_____________________

Florida stared at his reflection in the mirror. He glared at it and sighed. He wanted to stop looking but couldn't bring himself to. He gathered his strength and started heading to his bed. He to his bed, flopping onto it. Why can I never do anything right! Florida thought to himself. He sat up and rolled up his sleeves. He looked at his, he could see the scars on it, some faded and some newer. He stopped looking at his arms, putting them to his side. I can't even deal with my goddamn emotions right! Florida thought, he was disappointed at himself. Tears formed in his eyes, he tried desperately not to cry. He gathered all the strength he could muster, before heading downstairs. He saw the other states hanging out and talking. He looked around to find a suitable place to sit.

Massachusetts sat and talked to some of the other New England states. He thought about Florida, he seemed different. Mass couldn't quite explain why, he was worried though. Florida was acting different, and not in a good way. He wasn't his usual self. He looked over his shoulder and saw Florida looking around. He motioned for Florida to sit next to him. Florida walked over pulling up a chair and sitting down. 

"Hey. How you doing?" He said, looking at Florida. 

"I'm fine." Florida responded.

"You don't seem 'fine'." Mass responded bluntly.

"Like I said I'm fine." Florida sighed.

"You're not fine! What's wrong?" Massachusetts said, his voice growing in concern. 

Florida didn't respond, he just sat there. They tried talking about other things, but Massachusetts couldn't get Florida out of his mind. He had to know what was wrong with his boyfriend. The two sat in silence for a few minutes, the others around them where laughing, talking, arguing, and just all around being loud, but they seemed to be in silence. Florida stared at the floor, idly. He got up, and without saying a word, left. No one seemed to notice besides Massachusetts, the others where wrapped up in their own things.

Florida headed back up to his room. He opened the door, and walked inside, a small white drawer caught his attention. He opened the drawer and rummaged through some stuff. After a few moments he held a razor in his hand. He brought the shiny sharp metal to his arm before cutting it. He grimaced slightly at the sharp pain, a few drops of blood slid down his arm, he wiped them away. Maybe my dad was right, I cant do anything right. Florida thought, not a single, fucking, thing! Florida leaned against the wall and slid down it. He curled up into himself, burying his face in his arms. 

Massachusetts got up and followed Florida up to his room. He knocked on the door, no answer, he knocked again, still no answer. He decided to just open the door, and luckily it wasn't locked. He looked around the room, before he saw Florida. 

"What happened?" Mass said, seeing his boyfriend curled up.

Florida looked up him for a second. "Why are you here?" He said weakly, tears brimming up in his eyes.

"I want to help." Mass said.

"How are you gonna do that?" Florida replied harshly.

"I've never been able to even help myself." Florida continued and started quietly sobbing.

Massachusetts looked at the state, he looked so small and fragile. He sat down next to him, his face laced with concern. 

"Who the fuck did this to you?" Massachusetts said angrily. 

"No one, I did this to myself." Florida cried, Mass was taken aback.

"How can you think that?" Massachusetts asked.

"I'm a failure, I've always been one." He said quietly.

He grabbed Florida's face and turned it gently so Florida was looking at him. 

"You're not a failure." Mass said bluntly.

Florida turned away. "Y-yes I am." Florida sobbed.

"M-my dad always said so." Florida said. 

"H-he always said I w-wouldn't be able to do anything, he was r-right." Florida sobbed harder. 

Massachusetts' already broken heart shattered at what Florida was saying. He wasn't sure what to say.

"He's not here anymore." Mass said, putting a hand on Florida's back.

"His words may hurt you now, but that asshole can't do anything now." Massachusetts said.

"Than why can't I do anything write?" Florida asked.

"You're doing everything right, whoever say otherwise can go fuck themselves." Mass said, concern still on his face.

Florida didn't respond, he just sat next to his boyfriend and cried quietly. He sat like that for a few minutes before responding.

"What about the other states, or Gov? They all think I'm fucking crazy, and can do nothing right besides mess things up!" Florida cried.

"They can go fuck themselves for all I care,  you never mess up anything Florida." Mass said, Florida looked at him.

"You're the best person to me." Mass said, smiling sadly.

"I don't know who's saying otherwise, and I know they can hurt you." He continued.

"You do a lot of stuff right. Yeah sure you've made mistakes before I wont deny that." He said.

"That doesn't make you a failure though." Florida continued staring at Massachusetts. 

Florida hugged Mass, Massachusetts joined in the sudden embrace. They held each other in the warm embrace for awhile. Florida smiled into Mass' arms.