Escape

Kentucky sighed and got ready to leave. He knew he had to check on the state, but hated having to leave Georgia and potentially the kids alone. He had already told everyone that he was gonna leave. He walked over to where Geo was sitting, Tucky sat down next to him.

"Are you leaving now?" Geo asked, looking over at his boyfriend.

"Not now but soon." Kentucky responded.

"Take the kids with you, they should see what Kentucky is like!" Georgia responded cheerfully.

"You'll be alone though, you can come along if you want." Kentucky said, looking at Geo with a hint of sadness in his eyes.

"I have to stay here and watch my state." Geo replied. Kentucky nodded and went to go check on the kids.

"Look what I found!" IDC exclaimed, a beaming smile on he face. She opened her hands to reveal a small spider.

"That's great. Go put it outside." Tucky said, a forced smile on his face. IDC nodded and ran over to put the spider in the grass. Kentucky smiled, god he loved his family.

Kentucky got the kids ready to leave for his state. He looked at the two beaming children, they looked so happy. The three went to hug and say there goodbyes to Georgia.

"I'll be back soon." Tucky said, reassuring Geo.

"I'll miss you." Georgia responded, kissing Kentucky.

Kentucky could see soldiers fighting in the state, Union and Confederate alike. He worried that now might not have been a good time to bring the kids.

"WOW! That's so cool!" IDC said, sparkles I her eyes as she looked at the fighting.

"It looks dangerous." DC said.

"We'll be there soon." Kentucky said, seeing his house in the distance. He could hear the feds continue rambling about the war.

After a bit they entered the house, Kentucky looked around and smiled.

"Go make yourself home." He called out to the kids, watching as they ran off. He went to go make himself home.

After a while the three got ready to go to bed. He saw the twins both in bed. He kissed their foreheads and tucked them in.

"Goodnight I love you both." Kentucky said.

"Goodnight dad!" The pair called out.

Tucky smiled and went to his room. He got in bed and drifted off to sleep.

Kentucky was awoken by loud noises coming from downstairs. He shot up from his bed and went to investigate. He peered down the stairs and saw Confederate soldier searching around his house. He could see North Carolina among them.

Kentucky headed back quickly to his room and shut the door locking it behind him. He could hear commotion and gunshots coming from downstairs. His breathing quickened as he started panicking, he tried his best to remain calm.

He could hear noises coming from down the hall. He started panicking and didn't know why. The kids!  He thought worriedly. He frantically searched for a weapon only to stop from hearing frantic knocks on his door.

"What's going on?" DC said, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

"Shh it's ok." Ohio responded. Kentucky opened the door knowing it was safe. Ohio pushed the twins towards him.

"Take them and go!" Ohio exclaimed. 

"But what if-" Tucky tried saying something before he was cut off.

"Just go!" Ohio responded. North Carolina shoved the Midwest state to the ground.

"Go NOW!" Ohio said, kicking the Southern state off of him. Kentucky didn't say anything, he just picked up the kids and ran.