Outside

A part 2 of A friendly Conversation

__________________

__________________

Ohio shut the door behind him, sighing when it was closed. He walked onto the grass, the blue sky peppered with pearly white clouds. Ohio liked it when the sky was like this, he found it beautiful.

"I tried to stop him." He muttered to himself as he walked. 

Ohio had a horse but chose not to ride it, not yet. He needed to be walking. He continued walking, the only sound being that of the chirping birds. He tried not to succumb to his desire to look back at the house, but he failed and gave in. He stared at the house for only a few moments, unable to see inside. He turned back around and continued walking, his horse following behind him. 

"I tried to warn them." He muttered to himself again. He sighed and peered downwards, not wanting to pick his head back up.

"I tried to warn Geo." Ohio muttered, he felt extreme sadness for what had happened.

Ohio tried to ignore what had happened and continue walking. He was successful for a few short minutes, before his mind succumbed to what had happened again.

"I tried to warn them, I really did." Ohio said, sitting down by a tree. He could feel tears well up in his eyes.

"Now Georgia's dead." Ohio said as he started to cry.

"I tried to talk to Sherman, but he wouldn't listen to a word I said." Ohio said, staring down at the grass underneath him.

"Now a family is hurt." Ohio sighed, breathing heavily as he tried to stay calm.

"I couldn't do anything." Ohio said, gritting his teeth.

"Kentucky's family is hurt and it's all my fault!" Ohio said, finally succumbing to his sadness. He sat there as he sobbed quietly into his arms.