A Union victory

"Be safe for me." Indiana cooed as he watched Ohio grab his hat and put it on.

"I'll be fine, don't you worry." Ohio responded, smiling at Indi.

"Go out there and win this war!" Indiana exclaimed, sparkles in his eyes.

"I will, for you, and for the Union." Ohio responded, kissing Indiana gently. Hugging each other for a while longer. Ohio pulled out of the hug.

"I'll miss you." Indiana said.

"I'll miss you too." Ohio responded. With that he headed out the door. 

He mounted a horse and moved towards the front of the army. Looking back at his men before heading off to Petersburg.

When Ohio got to Petersburg he spent his time writing letters. He was worried for Kentucky, Georgia, and for the twins. He couldn't do much but send letters that got more frantic and rushed each day. He tried not to worry for the Southerners and focus on the war, but he was still filled with worry. 

He stared out at the battle field, he hoped his men would break through soon. He could see Virginia in the distance, he knew he would have to fight him when the time comes. He hoped that time would come sooner rather than later.

The Union tried breaking through many times, each time resulting in a loss. Each time Ohio heard they weren't able to break through his face would turn to horror than back to sternness in the blink of an eye. Ohio knew he had to stay focused, he knew the break through would happen.

Ohio continued waiting, watching the war as he did. He was state so he couldn't fight in the actual battles happening around him. He would be fighting Virginia one on one when his men finally broke through. He couldn't wait for that day. He was more nervous than happy though, he knew that when that day finally came, he would need to win.

The broke through finally happen, and Ohio couldn't be happier. He grabbed his axe and charged towards Virginia. He could see the Southern state grab a knife and run towards him. Ohio could hear the sounds of the gunshots he had gotten so used to, this time they felt different, the gave him a sense of pride, passion, and fury. He needed to defeat Virginia, for himself, for Indiana, for the Union, and for Kentucky's family. He was still worried about Kentucky's family.

He shot his left leg out to kick Virginia, but was stopped by a pair of hands grabbing him. Virginia threw Ohio to the ground. Virginia pulled out his knife and went to stab the Midwest state. Ohio shot up just in time and turned around to face Virginia. He grabbed his axe and swung it at Virginia. The other state dodged, the blade of the axe just grazing his hair. Virginia shot up and went to punch Ohio, this time it was Ohio who caught the attack. He pushed Virginia onto a tree, seeing the Southern state's head start to bleed slightly. Virginia kicked Ohio off, sending him crashing to the ground. He shot up almost immediately and felt the sharp blade of cut in between his neck and right shoulder. Adrenaline coursed through his veins, making him unable to feel the pain, he could feel the blood though. Ohio picked up his axe and swung it at Virginia again. Virginia tried to dodge the attack but was unsuccessful, Ohio's axe penetrated Virginia's side. Virginia fell onto the grass, clutching his side as his clothes got red with his blood. He tried to get back up, but was kicked back down. Ohio swung his axe again, stopping when he felt the attack being stopped.

"I surrender." Virginia said, looking up at Ohio weakly.

Ohio nodded and set down the axe.