Failure

Some short Florida child angst. 

TW: Child abuse, physical abuse, emotional abuse, homophobia, R-slur, F-slur, and cursing.

____________________________

Florida sat on the counter looking out the window, the warm sunlight caressing his face. He relaxed and closed his eyes, before they shot open again. He had to sweep the house and prepare dinner. He jumped down from the counter and grabbed the broom and dustpan. He got to work sweeping the floor. He knocked the dust into the dust pan before throwing it away. After some time he finished sweeping the kitchen and headed towards Spain's room. He opened the door and entered the large room. 

The bed was lavish, silk white sheets, and pillows, an intricate wooden bed frame accented the bed. The shelves where adorned with books. He sighed and started sweeping, the soft swish of the brush filling the air. He swept with care, worried that Spain would yell at him if even one speck of dust was left. It took him even longer than the kitchen, but he eventually finished sweeping the room. He opened the door and walked down the hall and to the living room.

He started sweeping the floor before he heard the door open. His head turned towards the door, seeing Spain walk in. He looked around the entrance, seeing it wasn't swept. Florida swallowed the lump in his throat. He got increasingly nervous as Spain walked towards the room he was in. 

He could see the anger in his eyes, his fear rising. 

"Why isn't this place swept, and dinner prepared?" Spain asked, anger hinted in his voice.

"I didn't have time." Florida responded.

"It's not my problem you can't be useful." Spain said, disappointed.

"Well I-" Spain cut him off.

"Shut up with your excuses! You can't do shit around this house!" Spain's voice got louder, anger rising in his voice.

"You're a failure. You can't even sweep this goddamn house." Tears formed in Florida's eyes.

"I-I d-didn't-" Spain cut him off again.

"I said SHUT UP!" Spain yelled.

"You fucking retard, you can't even form sentences." Spain continued, getting in Florida's face.

The tears in Florida's eyes fell down his cheeks.

"YOU'RE A FAILURE FLORIDA! WHY ARE YOU CRYING?" Spain screamed at Florida.

"You'll never be able to do ANYTHING!" Spain yelled.

Florida tried to stop but cried harder, completely frozen. Spain slapped his face hard in response. Spain grabbed Florida's arm, his nails digging into his skin. Florida tried to get away but Spain wouldn't let him.

"You're not going anywhere." Spain said.

"HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU GOING TO DO ANYTHING IN LIFE!" Spain screamed at him. 

"YOU GAY FAILURE!" Spain continued screaming.

Florida sobbed loudly, tears rushing down his face. He tried to get away, but was unable to. Spain's grip increased, blood started dotting around his nails.

"YOU'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING!" Spain continued screaming at Florida.

"NO DISGUSTING HOMO CAN!" Spain screamed.

 He tried to get away, but Spain slapped his face hard. The impact got re quickly, the sharp pain filled his face. Florida continued sobbing loudly.

"I SAID STOP CRYING FAGGOT!" Spain screamed.

"You're a disappointment Florida." Spain said.

"You're not my son." Spain continued, accidentally relaxing his grip on Florida's arm.

Florida took this opportunity and ran to his room. He ran as quick as possible, and swiftly opened the door, slamming it behind him. He grabbed his bed and moved it in front of the door. He leaned on a wall and curled up sobbing. Why does he hate me? Florida thought to himself, sobbing loudly.