Sleep well

Alabama x Indiana x Ohio angst
TW: Death
—————————
—————————
Alabama drove him and Indiana to the hospital. Alabama was quite, not sure of what to say. Indiana stared out the window, observing the buildings that seemed to fly by them. Indiana turned to face his boyfriend.

"You ok? You've been awfully quite." Indiana asked with concern.

"Oh, yeah I'm fine, just not sure what to say." Alabama said, not taking his eyes off the road.

Indiana made a noise in reply, not wanting to force the other state to talk. The two continued to drive in silence, the only noise being the whirring of the car. They entered the parking lot of a hospital. They found a suitable place to park before hopping out of their car. Alabama pulled Indiana into a hug, kissing the shorter states forehead.

"I love you." Alabama said, smiling.

"I love you too." Indiana replied, smiling back.

The two walked into the hospital Indiana shivering at the unwelcomed cold. The two walked onto the elevator, waiting for the doors to close. Indiana hugged his boyfriend, leaning his head against him. Alabama loved the cuddly states embrace.

"You're adorable, you know that right?" Alabama asked.

The comment made Indiana get flustered, unable to respond. Sure they've been in a relationship for years, but Indiana still couldn't deal with complements. Alabama found the flustered state even cuter. They where jolted out of their trance as the elevator came to a stop. The two walked down the long hallway hand in hand. Alabama noticed a doctor that seemed to want to talk to him.

"I'm gonna talk to him, you go see Ohio." Alabama told Indiana, staying there as he waited for a reply.

Indiana didn't say anything, but just nodded before letting go of the other states hand. He opened the door quietly and entered the room. He sat down next to the other state. He gently squeezed Ohio's hand, trying to wake him up.

"Hey baby." Indiana said softly.

"Hi there." Ohio replied, his voice weak yet happy.

"How are you?" Indiana asked.

"Not good if I'm being honest." Ohio admitted.

"How are you feeling." Indiana asked, concern in his eyes.

"Like a dead guy." Ohio said, looking over at the tubes and monitors around his hospital bed.

Indiana nodded, looking into Ohio's dull yellow eyes. It hurt him to see his boyfriend like this, he just hoped he would be out of the hospital soon. Alabama finished talking with the doctor and entered the room the other two where in. He sat down next to Indiana, a sad look on his face.

"Hey, are you feeling alright?" Alabama asked.

"No, not at all." Ohio said, shaking his head weakly.

Alabama looked at the state, noticing how skinny he was.

"Have you been eating at all?" Alabama asked, already knowing the answer.

"Barely." Ohio admitted.

Alabama nodded, he looked over at Indiana. Indiana's heart hurt for what his poor boyfriend was going through. He hugged the sick state gently Alabama smiling at the other two.

"I need to talk to you." Alabama said, looking at Indiana.

"Ok, what is it?" Indiana asked, curiously.

"In private." Alabama told him.

Indiana nodded and got up to leave the room, Alabama following him.

"Ok what is it?" Indiana asked, his voice ladened with worry.

"I was talking to the doctor and he said Ohio's probably not gonna make it." Alabama told his boyfriend, watching the others face quickly turn more worried and hurt.

"D-do y-you mean?" Indiana stuttered, his words feeling like they where getting caught in his throat.

"I'm afraid so." Alabama said, pulling the shorter male into a comforting hug.

Indiana tried to remain calm, he hugged Alabama back. The two stayed like that for awhile before Indiana let go.

"We should go back in." Indiana muttered as he walked back into the room, Alabama trailing right behind him.

Ohio looked over at the two, a weak smile plastered on his face. Indiana tried his best to put on a convincing smile. He decided to let Alabama break the news.

"Hey Ohio." Alabama said, getting his boyfriend's attention.

"Hmm?" Ohio responded.

"You, you might not make it." Alabama admitted, waiting for the other states reply.

"I kind of already knew that, the doctor told me earlier." Ohio told them.

Indiana and Alabama where taken aback from Ohio's response.

"Why didn't you tell us!?" A worried Indiana asked.

"I didn't want to hurt you guys." Ohio muttered weakly in response.

"That was pretty stupid of you, but I understand." Alabama said, looking down at the other state.

Ohio nodded, a sad look plastered on his face. Alabama went to gently hug his boyfriend as Indiana went to plant a kiss on his forehead. Ohio loved the attention, but would've preferred if it was happening when he wasn't dying. Alabama let go of him and sat back down. Tears welled in Indiana's eyes, threatening to fall. Ohio noticed Indiana was about to cry, and tried to comfort him.

"Hey it's ok, don't cry, it'll be alright." Ohio said to Indiana.

Indiana didn't respond instead hugging him, Ohio hugged back weakly. Indiana didn't want to let go. Alabama noticed Ohio's left hand was bruised, he picked it up and gently caressed it. Indiana swallowed thickly, trying his best not to cry. After a few minutes he let go, and sat back down next to Alabama.

"I'm kinda tired, I think I'm gonna go to bed." Ohio said, yawning.

"Ok, sleep well, I love you." Alabama said, smiling.

"I love you, I'll see you in a bit." Indiana told him, holding onto Ohio's bruised hand.

"Yeah hopefully, I love you too, I love both of you so much." He said, closing his eyes to rest.

The two watched as he fell asleep, the only sound being the high pitched beeping of the heart monitor. The jagged pattern of the monitor turned flat as the beeping became draw out. Indiana looked back at Ohio, hugging him as tears fell out of his eyes. Alabama stared wide eyed in shock, before quickly coming back to his senses. He looked over at Indiana who was already sobbing into Ohio's dead body. He ran a hand over his boyfriends back, petting him gently. Hot tears gently fell from his eyes. The two laid as Indiana sobbed quietly into Ohio's chest.