All alone

Geo stayed at his desk, a fully written letter laying by the edge. He was done writing, he had been done for a while. He looked back at the letter, and grabbed it tightly. The Union is coming soon, no way he'll get it in time! Geo thought, he had wanted to send letter's to Kentucky, but was stopped each time. He didn't know why he was stopped each and every time, but he hated it. He hated his state's people for owning another race, and treating them like they where cattle, he hated the soldiers for fighting for what they called "states rights", and he especially hated the politicians for not listening to a word he was said. Each time he tried talking to them it felt like he was talking to a brick wall.

He walked over to a trash can and threw the letter in there. He fell to floor and cried. 

"I just miss them, I miss them all so much!" Georgia sobbed into his arms. He hated the quietness of the house. He missed his family so much, he just hoped he would see them soon.

"The Union is coming here! To Atlanta!" Georgia practically screamed.

"The Union is coming, and I'm all alone." Geo muttered, his voice turning quiet and sad. He missed his family.

He had seen things written about the Petersburg, yet all he cared about was his own state. Virginia could lose to whatever state was invading him, that would be nice, if the Union won that fight the war would be over. He didn't care to see who was fighting though, he worried for his state. He didn't want to get hurt, he knew that would ruin his family.

It had just turned to evening and yet Georgia was so tired. The Union will be here soon, might as well get sleep when you can. He thought, heading to bed.