Chapter 1

June 6, 1999

I looked over at Till and he was just staring at my mom with a blank expression. It made sense, though. Ashton looked like Richard and I did a little, too. That's why Richard got upset all those times when Till and I were talking. He knew all along that he was my dad. 

"You're a fucking slut," Was all Till said and walked out of the house.

I didn't want to be near my mom, so I walked out of the house and saw that Till was getting into the car. 

"Can I go with you?!" I yelled. 

He nodded his head, so I got into the car and buckled. 

"I'm just going on a drive, Adette," He told me. 

I nodded my head and looked out of the window. 

"I can't understand what she just said," I admitted. 

"What are you talking about?"

"Like, I can't comprehend that Richard's my dad."

"Yeah, neither can I."

"But I disagree with you."

"How so?"

"My mom's not a 'fucking slut'."

"Maybe she's not, but she has been sleeping with two people back and forth."

"She has a reason for everything."

"Stop trying to defend your mother, Adette! She's been having an affair with me while dating Richard, and while she was dating me, she slept with Richard!"

I started breathing heavily as he yelled. "Sorry."

He sighed and I realized that we hadn't even left yet. I got out of the car and walked away from the house and Till. There was a little park near, so I went there. 

I sat down on the swing and tried to comprehend what my mom had just said. If she was truly having an affair with Till, I wouldn't want to be near any of them. Richard had done nothing but been loyal to my mother, and this is what he gets in return? My mom and Till both knew that what they were doing was wrong, but they still did it anyways. 

I just shook my head and felt bad for Richard, but at the same time, he slept with my mom while she was dating Till. 

If Richard was truly my dad, then I would need some explaining. I wanted to talk to everyone so bad, but I couldn't. I couldn't face any of them. 

Everyone was in the wrong. Everyone. I chuckled as I thought that it was just a sheer coincidence my mom cheated on her boyfriend with the future guitarist of his band. 

I walked back to the house and could hear yelling from the outside. When I saw Till's car in the driveway, I grew nervous. I shut my eyes and opened up the door and I could immediately feel the tense atmosphere in the room. 

"YOU'RE A FUCKING SLUT!" Richard yelled at my mom, both of them sobbing. 

"YOU'RE ONE TO FUCKING TALK!" She yelled back. 

"FUCK YOU RICHARD!" Till yelled. "AND YOU, TINA! FUCK YOU ALL!"

I grabbed my phone from Richard's room and dialed Neil's number. 

"Neil," I said while sobbing. 

"Adette?" He asked. "Hey, hey, Ashton, stop crying."

"I just-I just-I just-I just-"

"Jesus Christ!"

I chuckled and smiled, but walked away from the front door since I could still hear them yelling. I was offended because they were so busy yelling at each other that they didn't even notice that I came in. "Richard's my dad."

"What?"

"Richard Kruspe is my fucking dad and my mom has been having an affair with Till."

"No way."

"I know," I ran my fingers through my hair. "I don't want to be here anymore, Neil."

"I would come get you, but I can't."

"I would buy an airplane ticket, but I don't know if I can."

"How come?"

"Um, I don't know, underage!"

"You can be any age, Adette."

I smiled. "Okay. I'll use the card Till gave me and I'm going to buy one."

"Do you want to talk to Ashton?"

"Sure."

"Ashton, come here!" He said kindly. "Here, Adette."

"Hey, Ashton!" I said in a baby voice. 

"Mommy!" He shrieked. 

I chuckled. "I'll see you soon, okay?"

"I mwiss you."

"You mwiss me?"

"Mhm!"

"Hand the phone back to Daddy!"

"Yes?" Neil asked a little later. 

"I'll see you soon, okay?"

"Okay."

"I really hope that there's one open for tonight."

"Do you have a lot of stuff?"

"What do you mean?"

"Luggage and shit."

"Yeah, but just one bag."

"Go to your room, grab that bag, call a cab or something, and drive to the airport."

"I don't know the number for a cab."

"Luckily, I do."

"How-"

"I lived there for a little while."

"Oh yeah. Oh my God, do you think that I could stop by your ex-girlfriend's house?"

"First of all, don't you dare. Second, I don't think that she lives there anymore."

"What a shame. I'll call you once I'm on my way."

"Okay," He said, then gave me the number for the cab. 

I called that number right afterwards and then grabbed my bags from Richard's room. Richard, Till, and my mom were still yelling at each other. 

"I'm leaving," I abruptly said. "I'm going back home."

"You can't leave," My mom told me. 

"Yes I can. I'm going to see if there's an airplane ticket available."

"Great!" Richard exclaimed. "Now she's going to be leaving because we can't stop FUCKING YELLING AT EACH OTHER!"

I tensed up, said bye, then quickly ran out of the house to find that the cab was in front of the house. I turned around one last time to see if any of them were going to come out, but they weren't. I got into the cab and paid him with some cash I got. 

When we arrived at the airport, I went to check and see if they had a ticket available and thank God they did. 

The news that I got was just the beginning of my problems, though. There would be more unravelling soon.