Chapter 82

February 21, 2004

I woke up with a blasting headache and the sound of laughter surrounding me. I opened my eyes and I was lying down on Corey's lap. I shot up and rubbed my eyes. 

"Hey, you woke up!" Corey shouted. 

I winced and held my forehead. "You're too loud."

"You're too quiet."

I got up and tried walking to the bathroom, but everything got dizzy, and as I was about to fall, Paul caught me. "Thank you, Paul."

"Sit down," He told me. 

I sat down and asked, "What happened?"

"You wouldn't stop drinking and-"

"HOLY FUCK!" I grabbed my phone and called Bam. "FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!"

"She remembered," Corey chuckled. "Don't call him back."

"I'm not calling him!" I started shaking badly, and then Bam answered. "B-"

"Don't talk to me, you fucking whore," Bam said. "Don't talk to me or Ville."

"I was drunk, Bam."

"I don't care if you're fucking drunk. I don't care if you're fucking high-"

"Put it on speaker," Corey whispered. 

I put it on speaker phone. 

"You can't go around saying that type of shit to Ville!" Bam yelled. "After all that he did for you-"

"I did stuff for him too, Bam!" I shouted. "I paid for the rent, too. I allowed him to go on tour. I said 'yes' to marrying him, Ville!"

"And then you broke up with him! You're a fucking whore."

"How am I a whore?"

"You-" He sarcastically chuckled. "Hey, Ville, she's asking why she's a whore."

"Leave her alone," Ville said. 

"You're fucking kidding me, right?!"

"It's not worth it," Ville started crying. 

"You made him cry, Adette. Nice fucking going."

"I'm sorry," I started crying, too. "I fucked up, okay? But everyone fucks u-"

"YOU DON'T GO CALLING YOUR EX WHILE YOU'RE HAVING SEX WITH SOMEONE!"

"I didn't have sex with anyone!"

"Oh, but we acted like it," Corey chuckled. "Do you not remember?"

"This is horrible. I'm a horrible person."

"Hey, Vam, or whatever the fuck you're called," Corey took the phone from me. 

"Me?" Bam asked. 

"Yeah, you. Shut up. Adette just woke up this morning-she probably has the worst hangover of her life-and you're over here yelling at her. She's calling you to tell you sorry. Now, get Bille on the fucking phone."

"It's Ville," I corrected him. 

"It's for you," Bam said. 

"Hello?" Ville sniffed. 

"Adette has something to say to you," Corey handed the phone back to me. 

"I can't," I mouthed. 

"Yes you can."

"Hello?!" Ville asked impatiently. 

"Um, I'm sorry," I told Ville. 

"Don't-Don't apologize."

"I wasn't actually having sex with anyone, Ville."

"Mhm. Okay."

"I wasn't!"

"I'm just messing with you," He chuckled. 

I started crying. "I'm sorry for what I did at the wedding! I'm sorry for everything! Last night I was drinking a lot because I found out that one of my patients committed suicide and-"

"Adette, breathe."

"I can't!"

"Breathe in and out."

I breathed slow, but deep breaths. "Okay."

"You did the right thing by not marrying me. If you had those feelings, that means that it wasn't meant to be. Did you say someone killed themselves?"

"Yeah, this girl named Stephanie."

"How old was she?"

"She was only 22."

"Why did she do it?"

"I don't know. I just got a call from her mom yesterday telling me that they might plan a funeral and she was asking if I wanted to go."

"I'm sorry, Adette."

"It's fine. She's gone now."

"She's not gone."

"Well, she's not here."

"Just because someone's gone doesn't mean that they're gone forever. You still have memories of her, right?"

"Yeah."

"Don't forget her."

"Don't forget me," I muttered. 

"Hm?"

"Nothing."

"Alright, well, I have to go."

"Okay."

"And Adette?"

"What?"

"I will never forget you."

He hung up and I gasped. 

"You let him go?!" Clown asked. 

"He sounds like a real sweetheart," Sid added. 

Corey noticed that I was crying, so he took my hand and guided me upstairs into the bathroom. 

"You can take a shower," He said. 

"Thanks," I smiled. 

"You alright?"

"I'll be fine."

He nodded his head and walked away. 

As soon as I got into the shower, I let my tears out. 

I wanted Ville back.