Chapter 52

July 11, 2002

"Yes, this is Adette," I spoke into the phone. I was getting a phone call to see whether or not I got the job. 

"You have been accepted to work at 'Weller's Psychology'."

"Yay! Thank you so much!"

"Thank you and have a great rest of your day."

The line went dead and I ran downstairs and squealed. Ville ran over to me and picked me up. 

"You got the job?!" He asked. 

"I got the job!" I screamed and hugged him. 

"Congratulations!"

"Thank you! I can't believe I actually got it!"

"I can," He set me down and kissed me. "This calls for a motherfucking celebration!"

"Jesus, Ville."

"Fine. What would you like to do?"

"Can we just go on a walk?"

"A walk?"

"Or maybe go window shopping and look at all the things we can't afford?"

"Perfect."

We drove to town and actually just went into the mall. As soon as we arrived, everyone started clamoring us, so we ran back to the car and drove away. We ended up walking downtown. 

"Excuse me?" There was a light tap on my shoulder. 

I turned around and saw a woman gasp while she held a man's hand. 

"You're Adette Morgenson!" She gasped. 

"The one and only," I smiled. 

"I'm a huge fan of Just Let Go."

"Thanks."

"I mean, your performance was spectacular and spot-on."

"Thank you so much."

"Could I get an autograph?"

"Um, sure."

I had never been asked for an autograph before, so I wasn't really sure how these things worked. 

"What's your name?" I asked her as she grabbed a napkin and pen out of her purse. 

"Stephanie."

"That's a pretty name."

"Thanks."

I signed her napkin and leaned against the wall. "So, what are you guys doing here?"

"Are you talking to me?"

"Yeah."

Ville lit a cigarette and took a drag, but blew the smoke away from us. 

"We're just going window shopping."

"Oh, we tried doing that-Ville and I-but everyone just gathered around us. I don't think I've ever been more claustrophobic in my fucking life," I then gasped as I looked down at her stomach. "Oh my God, congratulations!"

"Thank you so much!"

"I don't know how I didn't notice that!"

"Ah, babies," Ville sighed. 

"Right," Her boyfriend-or husband-said. 

"You know, you kind of look like this girl I used to know," I told her.