Chapter 63

September 28, 2002

"Hi!" I hugged Taylor. 

"Thanks for coming!" She clapped her hands together, then hugged Ville. "It's nice seeing you."

"Nice seeing you, too," He smiled. 

As we walked inside, I noticed that everyone was either wearing pink or blue. Ville and I were the only ones wearing black. 

"This is awkward," I muttered. 

"Our clothes?" He asked. 

"Yeah."

"Yeah, I'm embarrassed."

I put our presents with the others and Ville and I walked straight to the back of her apartment away from everyone, but still in the same room. 

"You know what's funny?" I asked, wrapping my arms around his neck. 

"What?"

"If it's a girl, they could always get together."

"But he'd be-"

"Four years older. You're three years older."

"I see what you're saying."

"God, I hate everyone here," Taylor walked up to us. 

"Wow," I chuckled, letting go of Ville. 

"These are all Sam's friends and family."

"What about-Oh."

"Yeah. My family can't come, obviously and I don't have any other friends besides you."

"You can always hang out with us," Ville offered. 

"I don't know if I can for long. Sam is making me say 'hi' to everyone."

"Babe!" Sam shouted. 

"Be right back," She told us and walked over to Sam. 

But she never came back. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You ready?!" Taylor held her sparkler in the air. 

I don't know where the fuck she got them, but they were sparklers and when you lit them, they would either be pink or blue. 

"ONE...TWO...THREE!" She lit it and the flames were pink. She screamed, then hugged Sam and kissed him. 

Looking at those two, I really hoped that Ville and I would have some kids together. I really loved him and I think that a kid together would be perfect. But for some reason, I had this feeling in my gut that that would never happen.

We only stayed for a little while longer-since it was getting late-then we said bye to Taylor and Sam. 

"Congratulations!" I hugged her. 

"Thanks!" She smiled, but then squinted her eyes as she looked at me. 

"Ready to go?" Ville put his hand on my back. 

"Can I talk to Adette for a quick second?" She asked Ville. 

"Sure. I'll go get the car ready," He walked away. 

"What's the matter?" She pulled me away from everyone. 

I don't know what came over me, but I just started crying. I was so embarrassed and tried to hide my tears, but Taylor just hugged me.