Chapter 59

September 20, 2002

"Just turn on the T.V.," My mom said over the phone. 

"Why-"

"Just do it!"

"Geez Louise!" I turned it on and switched to the channel Till was on. 

"Did you get it?"

"Yeah."

"Alright, call me after you watch it."

I hung up and Ville and I watched the T.V. 

"So," The interviewer said. "We are back with Till Lindemann from the metal band 'Rammstein'! Till, how have you been?"

"Fine," He replied. 

"Fine?"

"Fine."

"Great," He awkwardly chuckled. "What have you been up to lately?"

"Spending some time with my family. I'm going to go fly back to Germany to go see my daughters, actually."

"How nice. Now, your daughter Ade-"

"She's not my daughter. But, she might as well be."

"She might as well be? Great. What do you think of her boyfriend Ville Valo?"

"Actually, they're engaged, so it's her fiancee Ville Valo."

"Oh, I did not know that."

"Now you do. I think that he's a fine young man. He treats her the way she's supposed to be treated and he treats her son like he's his own."

"That's nice."

"And he is musically talented. He is so, very talented. Adette was listening to one of his songs on his second record or whatever and she started crying."

"How depressing."

"No. That's how moving it is."

"But what do you think of him as a person?"

"I think that he's very sweet and caring."

"Does he have any flaws?"

"Of course he does. Everyone has flaws. Adette has flaws. Tina Morgenson has flaws. I have flaws. I don't know him that well to know what his flaws are, though."

"What a shame."

"I bet if you asked him, he would answer. He's a very honest man."

"Do you approve of him?"

"I can't really approve of him, but if I could, I guess so. He's great for Adette. I remember one day she came up to me and asked me if I heard of his band and I told her no and she started ranting on about how attractive the lead singer was, but this is way before they even got together."

"How cute."

"Yes."

I hid my face in embarrassment, waiting for the humiliation to come. 

"You had a crush on me?!" Ville asked. 

"It was a tiny crush!"

"You had a crush on me! Aww! You wuve bug!"

"Ville Valo, I swear to God!"

"Do it! I dare you!"

"I swear to fucking God!"

"That's it!" He climbed on top of me and started tickling me, so I kicked him off and kissed him. "Hm, that's fair."

"You seem so different than from when we first met."