Chapter 96

December 16, 2005

"I don't think so," I told Taylor. "Some people don't like-"

"Not everyone likes rock-I know. But everyone should appreciate it."

"True words."

She chuckled. "Take 'Nirvana' for example. I would consider 'Smells like Teen Spirit' to be a one-hit wonder."

"How is 'Smells like Teen Spirit' a one-hit wonder?"

"Because no one knows any other song."

"'Come as you ar-"

"Those are for people that actually like 'Nirvana'."

"I'm not having this conversation with you."

We got out of the car, walked inside of the coffee shop, ordered coffee, then walked back outside and sat down on the bench, watching the mall and everyone go in and out of the shops. 

"How are you and Corey?" Taylor asked. 

"We're really, really good. Taylor, we haven't argued at all."

"At all?"

"No! Every single time one of us thinks we're about to argue, we talk about something else."

"Seriously?!"

"Yeah. Taylor, I think I love him."

"You think you what?!"

"I think I love him," I repeated quietly, setting down my coffee and drinking my water. "He's just so funny and charming and everything I wanted."

"That's really sweet," She smiled, then moved over to me, nudged my elbow, causing me to spill water on my shirt. 

"Shit!" I stood up and quickly took off my shirt-it was so cold. 

"Adette, chillax."

"It's cold!"

"Adette, you only have your bra on!"

"That man over there has no shirt on and his nipples are showing. Chill the fuck out."

"Hey, Adette?"

"What?"

"What would you do if I told you the love of your life is here?"

"What?"

I turned around and there was Corey. I screamed loudly and ran to him. He was so far from me, but I still ran. I ran as fast as I could take me, but after some time, I held my boobs so that they would stop bouncing. 

Corey opened up his arms, so I jumped up and hugged him, then started crying. I kissed him all over and buried my face into his neck. 

"You're back!" I sobbed. "You're back, you're back!"

"I'm back!" He chuckled. 

"Corey?"

"What?"

"I love you."

He kissed me like never before. I wrapped my legs tighter around him as he kissed me. 

I didn't care that everyone could see us. I didn't care that I didn't have a shirt on. I cared that Corey was back. 

"I love you," He smiled. 

"You do?"

"How could I not?"

I let go of him and wiped my tears. 

"Why don't you have a shirt on?" He asked me. 

"I spilled water on her," Taylor chuckled. "Whoops."