Chapter 39

December 31, 1999

"Well, Neil doesn't get to party!" I chuckled as I drank more of the beer. 

Ville hugged me from behind and kissed me. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

I was constantly thanking my family for paying for everything for me to go to college. It was very expensive, but it just showed how much they loved me. 

"Everyone ready?!" My dad shouted. 

Till looked at me and smiled, then winked. I grinned and watched the T.V. 

I was standing in the living room of my mom's house with my boyfriend who I loved and I was surrounded by my family who I loved. No words could describe how I felt. The only thing that was missing was Ashton, but he was probably sleeping anyways...or at least I hoped he was. 

"It's about to drop!" My mom shouted and they all started counting down from ten. 

I turned around to face Ville. "We're going to kiss, okay?"

"Okay," He smiled. 

"THREE...TWO...ONE...HAPPY NEW YEAR!" My mom shouted. 

As soon as she said, that Ville and I both wrapped our arms around each other and kissed. We didn't care if anyone else was there. We were starting the new year together. I needed some stability in my life and knew that Ville would be able to help me. 

"I love you," I smiled as he let go of me. 

"I love you, too," He spun me around and hugged me from behind, then grabbed a beer and started drinking it. I took it out of his hands after he finished taking a drink and I took a sip. 

"Thank you."

I rushed over to everyone else and gave them a hug. We decided to play a short round of poker, which turned out to be an hour of poker. Till ended up with the most money and I lost all of my money, but so did my mom. 

"Remind me not to go to Vegas with you," Ville winked at me. 

"Oh, whatever," I playfully shoved him, then yawned and stood up. "I think we're going to get going."

Ville looked up at me and stood up, too. He quickly took the last sip of his beer and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. 

"Oh, come on, why don't you guys stay just for a little while longer?" Till asked. 

"It's fucking 2000!" My mom shouted. 

"Yeah, we're not like the other idiots that thought all of the computers were shutting down!" Ville chuckled. 

"Alright, just for a little," I said. 

We went outside and started a fire. Everyone was drinking except for Caron. My mom was sharing with Till, but I didn't want to. Ville on the other hand was drinking heavily. I was a little worried, but I knew that I didn't need to worry about it. He then pulled out a cigarette and started smoking and I chuckled. This man was drinking and smoking. I just really hoped that no one was going to call him out. 

"I'm so proud of you," My mom said. 

"Who? Me?" I asked as she snapped me out of my thoughts. 

"Yes, you. Look at you! You're moved into a house with your boyfriend and you have a son."

"Mom, I'm not even helping pay for it. It's all Ville."

"I don't mind," Ville said. 

"But I do! I shouldn't have to live there for free!"