Chapter 5

June 8, 1999

I felt as if my face was being clawed at. I opened my eyes and saw Ashton on my stomach. 

"MWOMMY!" He shouted, making me jump. 

"What time is it?" I groaned and looked at the clock to find that it was six. "Are you hungry?"

He nodded his head slowly while smirking, making me chuckle. I changed his diaper, then walked downstairs and made him a bottle. He was whining as I held the bottle away from him all while I grabbed a pillow and put it on the floor. I laid him on top of it then handed him the bottle. I grabbed a ponytail and put my hair up into a bun and that was when I lost it. 

I was wearing a tank top, shorts, and I had my hair up in a bun. I hadn't even brushed my hair or teeth. I was turning into my mother. I chuckled as I looked at myself in the mirror in the bathroom and noticed I kind of looked like her. 

"LEAVING HIM ALONE BY HIMSELF AGAIN?!" My mom slammed the door open. 

I screamed and started shaking badly. "I-I-I'm sorry."

"Oh, I was just kidding."

"Okay," I sighed and breathed softly. "Mom, are you okay?"

"With what?" She asked as we sat down next to Ashton. 

"Till and Richard?"

"I'm fine, I really am. I made some very bad decisions and I will learn from them."

"Mom, Richard told me that he broke up with you."

"Well, obviously he did," She started tearing up. "I slept with this best friend! Listen to me, Adette. If you're not happy with the person you're with, don't cheat on them-that'll make things worse. Just don't cheat in general, okay?"

"Okay, Mom. Were you not happy with him?"

"No, I was, but the feelings I had for Till are stronger than the ones I had for Richard."

"Are you going to stay with Till?"

"I don't know."

"It'll be payback," I smirked. 

"How so?"

"Because Richard slept with Till's ex-wife and they had a child together."

"His first wife! I remember that! Jesus Christ. No, Adette!"

I chuckled and answered the door after the doorbell rang. "Neil? What are you doing here?"

"I'm coming to take you to meet the guy that fancies you," He said with a British accent.

"Nei-" I couldn't control my laughter. "I'm not even ready!"

"We're not leaving right now, but I want to see my son."

"Okay, come in."

"You have bad morning breath."

I smacked him on the shoulder and then locked the door. "Do I have time to take a shower?"

"Yeah. We're not leaving until, like, 12 or something."

"What's exactly going to happen?"

"Adette, go take a shower and then I'll talk to you afterwards."

"Is he good-looking?"

He just raised his eyebrows, so I ran upstairs and took a shower. 

I didn't want to go out on a blind date with someone that I didn't know and then find out that I don't like them. I always protested the idea of blind dates, but here I was going on a blind date. I shook my head off and wrapped a towel around my body, then walked downstairs.