Chapter 10

June 19, 1999

"I GOT THE JOB!" I squealed. 

"Good job!" My mom hugged me. "I'm so proud of you!"

"It's just being a bartender."

"Want to go out to eat? It'll be on me."

"Um, I actually have plans," I shoved my phone into my pocket. "I already told Ville and we wanted to go out to eat and celebrate."

"Oh."

"You're welcome to come with, though."

"Yay! Invite Till and Richard, too."

"Mom, I don't want everyone meeting him. We're not even anything official yet."

"How about this: You two have a night to yourselves, and then tomorrow all of us can go out (Richard, Till, Ashton, and you)."

"Okay."

"Should I ask Neil, too?"

"Yeah, if you want."

"How is everything between you two?"

"We only talk when we have to."

"I'm sorry."

"It's alright," I said as the doorbell rang. "Alright, bye! I'll see you later! Love you!" I opened up the door and sure enough, Ville was standing there. 

"Ready to go?" He smiled. 

"Mhm."

We drove to a bar and grill-kind of like our first date-and ate outside. 

"I'm so excited that I got the job," I said. "I really need to get a move-on."

"With that?"

"Moving out. I mean, I'm twenty and still living with my mom."

"It's alright to have support."

"Yeah, but I've had too much support growing up."

"Be lucky that you have any support at all."

"You do have a point."

"Do you want to go back to my place afterwards?"

"Yeah."

------------------------------------------------

After playing poker at his house, I gave up after I lost two times. 

"I just suck at this," I chuckled. 

"It's all about luck."

"You're getting really fucking lucky, then."

"You getting tired?"

"Not at all. Are you?"

"Just a little. Want to watch something?"

"Sure."

We put everything away then walked up to his bedroom and laid down on his bed. He turned on a T.V. show on the television and then he wrapped an arm around my shoulder and moved me closer to him. 

I grew nervous as he did that. We had been moving things pretty slow and had been holding hands as we walked around, but that's the furthest that we moved. We hadn't kissed yet, which made me a little upset. Granted, we had only known each other for about a week, but I had strong feelings for him, but maybe they were too strong. 

"What are you thinking about?" He asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"Nothing."

"It didn't look like nothing."

"It's nothing."

"Adette?"

"Hm?" I looked up at him and saw a smile form on his mouth. "What?"

"Close your eyes."

"Why?"

"I want to show you something. Just close them."

I closed my eyes and felt a soft touch on my face, then felt the bed sink in towards me. Before I knew it, there was a soft touch on my lips and I opened my eyes to find Ville kissing me. It felt like hours, but it only lasted seconds, making me sad. 

I sat on my knees so that I could reach him and kissed him. It wasn't anything passionate, but a little peck. Before I could pull away, he put his hand back on the side of my face and deepened the kiss. Our mouths moved in sync with each other as he set his hand on my leg. 

He didn't move on top of me or try to sneak his hand up my shirt. We just embraced the moment and kissed each other for a couple of minutes. 

He eventually let go of me and smiled. "I didn't know you felt that way."

"Are you kidding?" I couldn't stop smiling. "I can't stop smiling."

"Clearly," He chuckled. 

"Ville, I'm so, so sorry, but I have to get back to my place. My son is going to be arriving in the morning and-"

"I completely understand."

"Unless you want to stay the night?"

"Let's take things one step at a time."

"Okay."

As we arrived at the front door, he gave me a soft peck on the lips. 

"I'll call you, okay?" He asked. 

"Okay."

"Hey, when's your first day?"

"Next Monday."

"Got it."

"Bye!"

"Bye!"

I walked inside and went straight into my room. I felt like a teenager who had just gotten her first kiss except I got a kiss from the sexiest Finnish man on the planet.