Chapter 17

October 29, 1999

"I haven't even met her yet," I sighed as I put on a dress and walked into my mom's bathroom. "You're going?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Well, because-"

"Just because I cheated on him doesn't mean that I can't go to his wedding."

I grabbed the invitation that was on the counter: Richard and Caron. 

"I think it's nice that he invited you," I set the invitation back down on the counter and curled my hair. 

"Didn't they just meet each other this year?"

"This month."

"No fucking way."

"I think so, but I'm not sure."

"That's crazy."

"Where's Till?"

"Getting the car ready. We're supposed to be there soon."

"I'm surprised Ville would even fly out to come."

"He cares about you, Adette."

"But not that much."

"I disagree."

I shook my head and turned off the curler and put hairspray in my hair. 

"You did so good!" My mom exclaimed. 

"Thanks."

"Makeup?"

"No. Mom, I never put on makeup."

"I know," She patted my back and we walked downstairs. 

I could hear two males conversing, so my mom and I walked into the kitchen and saw Ville and Till talking. 

"Holy shit," Ville said as he saw me. 

I got embarrassed, so I spun around to try to take the attention off, but instead, Ville walked up to me and kissed me. 

"You look really beautiful," He told me. 

"Thank you," I smiled. "You do, too."

We all got into the car and drove off to the wedding. I was glad that Richard and Till made up in time for his wedding. I couldn't imagine Till missing his best friend's wedding over a fight. It took a while for them to make up, but they did-they fought through it. 

When we arrived, I realized that we were at a beach. 

"How romantic," Ville squeezed my hand and we ran to the ocean. 

"Ville!" I squealed. 

He let go of my hand and stood in front of the ocean. "If we got a picture of us kissing, that would be so cute."

"I got a camera!" Someone shouted. 

I shrugged my shoulders and kissed Ville. 

"You're so cute!" She ran over to us and showed us the picture, then walked away. 

I hugged Ville for the longest time and finally let go. 

"I'm really glad I met you," I told him as we walked back. 

We sat down in the chairs in the beach and waited for Caron to walk down the aisle. 

"What if she ditched it?" Ville whispered.