Chapter 92

May 2, 2005

"So, I'm here today with Adette Morgenson!" Melissa shouted into the microphone. 

I couldn't believe it. I was doing karaoke at a fucking bar with Melissa Auf Der Maur. 

"And we're going to be singing 'Boys on the Radio'!" She shouted again and then the opening guitar riff started. 

Melissa rubbed my back and I started singing as she stopped. It was really weird. I never wanted to be a celebrity, yet here I was singing in front of a little audience, I starred in a movie, and I was dating famous people. 

When Melissa started singing, I couldn't help but smile. Her voice was so pretty and I was so jealous of it. 

Once the song ended, we walked off the stage and ordered a couple of drinks. 

"That was fun!" Melissa said, breathlessly. 

"It was!" I chuckled. 

"Adette?!"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for hanging out with me. I really enjoy hanging out with you."

"Oh, of course."

I hugged her, then once I let go, someone hugged me from behind. I shrieked, then elbowed them in the stomach-reflexes-and turned around. 

I gasped as I saw who it was. 

"Oh my God!" I lifted him up. "Corey, I'm sorry!"

"I'm gone for a month, and this is the welcome I get?!" He chuckled. 

I hugged him very tightly and kissed his cheek. "When'd you get back?"

"Right before you started singing."

I let go of him and stood there with my eyes wide open. "You're kidding, right?"

"He's heard you sing before," Melissa told me. 

"That's embarrassing."

Just then, someone tapped Melissa on the shoulder, so she turned around and started talking to them. 

"Hey, Adette," She told me. 

"Yeah?"

"Can we go outside really quick?"

"Sure."

I grabbed Corey's hand and walked outside. 

"Why are you wearing your sunglasses?" I chuckled. "It's dark outside!"

"Because I want to," He stuck his tongue out. 

Melissa came out with a teenager behind her. 

"This is Gianna," Melissa told me. "She's 15 and she's a really big fan of you, Adette."

"Of me?" I asked. 

"Yeah," Gianna said. "I r-r-really like you."

"Thanks."

"You're my idol."

"I shouldn't be your idol, believe me."

"But you are! I think that your voice is so beautiful!"

"Thanks."

"Can I have a hug?!" She started crying. 

"Of course," I walked towards her and hugged her. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," She let go. 

"Do you want a picture?"

"Really?!"

"Sure," I smiled as she got her camera out. 

Melissa took a picture of us and I stuck out my tongue. Gianna got the camera back, then looked at me.

 "God, I used to be just like you," Gianna said. 

"You used to be just like me? What?"

"My ex-boyfriend and I were trying to recreate you and Ville, but then when you guys broke up, he broke up with me and-" She started crying. "I'm sorry, I just get really sad when I talk about him."

I hugged her once more. "It's alright. Just let it out. Are you sure he broke up with you because Ville and I broke up?"

"Mhm. He wanted us to be exactly like you two. I thought for sure you two were going to stay together. I'm so sorry for talking about Ville-I know you get upset and-"

"It's alright," I chuckled, then let her go. 

"My mom's here. Thanks for talking to me."

"Of course. Bye."

"Bye."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"That was really nice-what you did for that Gianna girl," Corey ran his fingers along my bare back. 

"I feel really bad for her. But, you seemed kind of mad."

"Why would I be mad?"

"I don't know," I rolled over to my side, pulling the blanket over my chest. "Why were you mad?"

"I wasn't mad."

"Corey, why were you mad?"

"People always bring up fucking Ville. It's like we can't even go out somewhere without someone asking you about him."

"I'm sorry."

"But you don't stop them!"

I sighed. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine, Adette."

I hugged him and kissed him. "You alright?"

"I'm still pissed off."

"Okay."

"And I will be pissed off for a little while. That's alright, though-I'm allowed to."

"Don't ignore me or anything, okay?"

He nodded his head. "Okay."

"I told my mom we weren't dating."

"Why the fuck would you do that?!"

I started laughing. "Becau-"

"Why the fuck would you do that?!"

"Be-"

"Why the fuck would you do that?!"

"I'm done talking."

"I stopped, I stopped."

"I just didn't know if you wanted anyone to know."

"How about we just go along with our relationship and if people ask, we answer truthfully. But, we won't just call your mom one day and tell her. If she asks, we'll answer."

"Okay."

He kissed me. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight."