Chapter 95

May 5, 2005

"You sure you're going to be fine by yourself?" I asked Corey. 

"I'll be fine," He smiled. 

"Okay," I kissed him. "Ashton and Angeline, let's go!"

We got into the car and I drove them to school. 

I went straight to my work and ran into my office. I checked to see the first appointment I had and saw that I only had one and it was in ten minutes. 

I was remembering who it was with and then I went through my files and saw that it was a 30 year old man named Fergus. I had to admit it was weird talking to people older than me, but I didn't mind that much. 

After ten minutes passed, I walked out and saw that Fergus wasn't sitting down in any seats. I went back into my office and checked the time to make sure that I was right-and I was. I waited a couple more minutes to see if he was late, then walked back out and he still wasn't there. 

I walked up to the front and asked the receptionist to call him. 

"Sure," She replied as I gave her his number. "Is this Fergus Guston? Hello, sir. I am calling because you have-Oh, you know. Oh, okay, that's alright. Would you like to reschedule? No? Alright, that's fine. You too. Buh-bye."

"What'd he say?" I asked as she hung up. 

"He can't make it, but he doesn't want to reschedule it-as of right now."

"Okay," I smiled. 

"Why the smile?"

"I get to go spend some time with my boyfriend."

"Who's the lucky man?"

"This guy named Corey."

"Oh, a new guy?"

I rolled my eyes. "You knew that."

I walked back into my office, grabbed my keys, then drove to a restaurant.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I opened up the door, I could hear Griffin chuckling. 

"No, sit still!" Corey chuckled, then gagged. "That. Smells. Fucking. Horrible! Go, you wild rascal!"

I could hear Griffin's feet smack against the floor, then the trash can lid smack against the can itself. I shut the door quietly and locked it, then walked inside and hear a door shut. I moved towards the kitchen and saw that no one was there, so I figured that he went to the bathroom. I hid behind a corner of the wall, ready to scare him. 

"Don't touch that, Griffin!" He yelled. "What the fuck do you think you're doing? That's Daddy's-you have your own. No, I'm just kidding-don't touch your dick. That's fucking disgusting."

I started laughing, but covered my mouth. This is what he did while I was gone? He argued with his son about touching dicks? I heard the door open and his footsteps near, so I jumped out and yelled, "BOO!" causing him to scream really loudly, followed by Griffin crying. 

"HOLY SHIT!" He exclaimed. 

I grabbed Griffin and held him, comforting him. 

"I hate you!" He shouted, then saw the food on the floor. He grabbed the bag and walked into the kitchen. 

"Corey!" I ran after him, making Griffin laugh as he bounced up and down. 

"I'm ignoring you!"

I looked at the time and sighed. "It's time to go to bed, Griffin."

"No!" He yelled. "No! No!"

I walked into Ashton's bedroom and grabbed his blanket and rocked him back and forth, softly singing to him. He ended up falling asleep on my shoulders, but I didn't want to let go. 

It had been so long since I held a baby and I didn't want the feeling to go away. 

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned around to find Corey standing there, smiling. It brought me back to reality, so I gently set Griffin down on the bed and walked out of the room with Corey. 

"What was that about?" He asked. 

"It's been a long time since I've held a little boy!" I admitted. "I got you real good, didn't I?"

"You fucking did. I thought you were working today."

"They canceled."

"Oh. Hey, you want to watch a movie?"

"Which one?"

"Have you seen 'The Ring'?"

"No."

"Let's watch it."

"Is it scary."

"Indeed."

"I don't know..."

"Don't be a pussy."

"Fine! Fine."

We walked over to the couch, ate our food, and watched the movie. He wrapped his arm around me and I leaned into his strong body. 

I felt at ease.