Chapter 30

November 30, 1999

"Okay, okay," Ville spoke into the phone. "Got it. Bye."

"So?!" I asked. "What'd they say?"

"They can't. They would understand if it went to November or something, but the tour is just from February to August."

"It's still a while."

"It'll go by quickly, though."

"I hope so," I held Ashton. "Say, 'Goodnight, Ville'."

"Night!" Ville waved to him. 

Ashton turned away and I chuckled. 

"Thanks for the Pac-N-Play," I said. 

"Of course," Ville winked. 

I walked upstairs and put Ashton in his crib, but he just started crying. I handed him his goo and he sucked on it, then laid down. I spread the blanket over him, quietly shut the door, and walked downstairs. 

"I got him to bed!" I whispered. "Thank God!"

Ville chuckled and hugged me. "When do you have to move out by?"

"I think I have a month."

"Okay."

"And I also need to find a job."

"Adette, you don't have to."

"Yes, I do, Ville. If I'm going to be moving in here, I'm going to help with the rent."

"But you don't need to."

"Yes, I do. I'm not just going to live here for free. I can't do that."

"Why not? I have owned this place for a while now. I've paid for it then, why can't I pay for it  now?"

"You can definitely pay for it by yourself now, but I don't want you to. What if something happens and we break up and I have to move out? I'll have no job and no money to find a place."

"If something were to happen and we were to break up, I wouldn't kick you out right away. I would let you stay until you were able to live on your own."

"Yeah right," I scoffed. "If we got into an argument and broke up, it would be for a really good fucking reason."

"Come here," He opened up his arms and I hugged him. "It's alright, Adette. We'll figure it out, okay?"

"I just don't want to take all of your money, Ville."

"You're not, you're not. What's mine is yours."

"Really?"

He looked down at me and kissed me. "Really."

We sat down on the couch and watched a movie. As soon as it started, I could hear Ashton crying. I groaned and walked up to the bedroom and tucked him back in. I shut the door behind me, but he just cried again, so I walked back inside and I held him for a little while rocking him back and forth. I put him back in his crib, but he started screaming. 

I groaned and lied down on the mattress Ville had in there. I pulled up his shirt a little and tickled his back while softly singing 'You are my Sunshine'. I grabbed a blanket from behind me and draped it over us both. I shut my eyes to make it seem like I was going to sleep, too. I eventually fell asleep, though. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I didn't mean to!" I chuckled as I fed Ashton his dinner. 

"It was so sweet," Ville said. 

"He was tired," I yawned. "I'm tired, too."

"I can feed Ashton."

"It's alright."

"You sure?"

"Mhm. After this, I'll just put him straight to bed."

Ville was kind enough to help me put Ashton to bed, considering what a struggle it was to get him to stay in the Pac-N-Play. 

"Thanks," I hugged him as soon as we got into our room. 

"For what?"

"Helping me put Ashton to bed."

"That's alright. What are boyfriends for?"

"Sex."

He smirked and shook his head. 

We quickly got ready to go to sleep and laid down in his bed. 

"Adette?" He asked. 

"Yes?"

"Do you want to move in with me? Like, actually?"

"Of course I do, Ville. That's why I said, 'Yes'."

"I'm just making sure."

"Do you want me to move in with you?"

He kissed me. "Does that answer your question?"

"I think I'm going to sit down with Neil sometime and figure out a schedule for Ashton. It's too tiring just randomly picking him up whenever I feel like it."

"You should. It'll be way more organized and easier."

I smiled and laid down on his bare chest. "Who do you want to see live?"

"Honestly? Your dad's band."

"Seriously?"

"Yes. They're so fucking cool live."

"I'll have to see when their next concert is and maybe we can go."

"I hope so."

"Me too."

"Alright, I'm tired. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

"I love you."

"I love you more."

"I love you most."

"Not possible."

"What do you mean?"

"If I love you more, that means that I love you more than most."

"How?"

"If you were to say, 'I love you most', I could say, 'I love you more'."

"You sly fox."

I chuckled. "Goodnight."

"Night."