Chapter 132

June 19, 2011

"Have fun!" Angie kissed Ryan. 

"Bye, see you soon," I hugged Ryan after he finished kissing Angie. 

"See you soon," He walked outside and drove off to the bar. 

"So, how are you?" Angie asked. 

"Fine-work has just been really stressful," I sighed. 

"Yeah, but I mean, think about it this way: You're making other people less stressed out."

"Yeah."

She gasped. "When's the last time you had a Girl's Night?"

"Um-"

"That's not good. Come on! Ash and Everleigh aren't home."

"What would we do?"

"Paint nails, talk gossip, drink coffee, have fun!"

"Okay, fine. But, I can't guarantee that I'll enjoy it."

I ended up enjoying it. I needed to relax and have some time to myself. Angie was the best. She let me talk about my problems to her without her judging me. She was so nice and so beautiful. 

"Has anything bad ever happened to you?" I asked as she painted my nails black. 

"No, not really. I mean, sure, I've been heartbroken and upset before, but that's it. I remember one time that I was reading a magazine and there was this section that was talking about you getting kidnapped."

My heart sank. I hadn't thought about it in so long. It felt weird talking about it. 

"What about it?" I asked. 

"How did you get through that?"

"Well, I tried killing myself."

"I remember reading about that, too."

"But, I didn't. And I guess I just let it pass-I didn't think about it, I didn't talk about it, nothing. I was just too busy with other things and it kept my mind off of it. I guess I never processed what had happened."

"I'm sorry that happened."

"Oh, it's alright."

"Didn't your mom have an abusive boyfriend, too?"

"Yeah, she did. He abused me-not her. But, now she's living happily with Keanu Reeves. You know what she told me?"

"Hm?"

"She's not going to get married to him-they don't want to get married. They're just going to stay together forever."

"Oh! Kind of like that couple from um...u-"

"'Overboard'?"

"Yes! I forget their names."

"Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn!"

"YES!"

"God, they're cute."

"Yeah. I'm sorry for saying this, but I loved you and Ville."

"Ville and I?"

"Yeah. Bam would always talk about you two and how jealous he was that whenever him and Ville would talk, he would always talk about you. And...you two loved each other."

"Yeah, we did. I love you and Ryan though."

"I love Ryan," She took a bite of a strawberry. "Do you want one?"

"No, I'm good. Thanks for this, Angie. I'm feeling a lot better."

"You're welcome...I needed this, too. I haven't had a time to just...relax."

"Me either!"

"I'm so excited to see yours' and Ryan's episode in that TV show."

"Me either. I'm really excited. It's going to be a lot of fun."

"Ryan's been talking about it constantly. He loves that show."

"It's hilarious."

"I've never been able to really get into it, but I watch it with Ryan from time to time."

I smiled. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up and wiped my eyes. There was just a bunch of our shit everywhere. Angie was still sleeping, so I decided to clean everything up. 

Angie and I had never really talked like that before. She got me to open up about things I would've never talked so openly about-especially what happened when I got kidnapped. She was a great friend and I knew that we were going to be close for a while. 

As I put the stuff away, I realized that I hadn't seen Ryan. I went outside to see if his car was there, but it wasn't. Where was he?

I grabbed my phone and called Ryan, but it went straight to voicemail. 

"What the fuck?" I muttered. 

Then, I got a call from Bam. 

"Hello?" I answered. 

"Adette!" He was panting and I could hear him crying. 

"Bam, what-"

"Adette! R-R-Ryan!"

"Ryan? What about him?"

"He-He-"

"Goddammit Bam, spit it out!"

"He's dead!"