Chapter 47

June 29, 2002

"And then he fucking fell!" Ville laughed hysterically. 

"Yeah, that's funny," I horribly faked a laugh. 

"What's wrong, Adette?"

"You've been acting weird all morning. You're not interested in anything I have to say and it's like you're not even listening! You're thinking about other things!"

"Get ready."

"What?"

I grabbed his hand and we walked into our bedroom. 

"Get ready for the day," I told him. "We have plans."

He smiled widely, kissed me, and ran into the closet to get dressed. 

I felt bad because he probably thought that these were plans for a date or something, but they weren't. They were the complete opposite. 

I walked into the closet and picked out a shirt and leggings, then put them on and put my hair up in a bun. 

"Ready?" I asked him. 

"Yeah, let me put on my jacket," He replied. 

He came out wearing his "Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell" jacket and I chuckles softly. We walked into the car and I drove. 

"Where are we going?" He asked. 

"Not telling you."

"Why?"

"Because."

"Great."

"Put his blindfold on," I handed him a blindfold.

"Okay..."

As soon as he put it on, we arrived. I got out of the car, got him out, and locked the car, then walked us inside. I guided him to a waiting area with chairs and made him sit down. 

"Wait here," I told him. 

I walked over to the counter and a receptionist asked, "Do you have an appointment?"

"Um, yes. It's under Adette Morgenson for 12."

"Okay. I need you to fill this out," She handed me a bunch of paperwork and I groaned while taking a pen and sat down next to Ville. 

"I'm back," I whispered in his ear. 

"Where are we?" He asked. 

People were definitely giving us weird looks, but I didn't care. 

"Nowhere," I filled out the paperwork for both Ville and I while Ville wouldn't stop talking. The only part that was tricky was getting him to sign. If he knew where we were, he would never agree to come here. "Ville?"

"Yes?"

"I need you to sign something really quick, okay? But you can't look around."

"Why not?"

"It's a surprise!"

"Fine, fine."

I handed him the pen and stood in front of him, blocking all views of the building. I then flipped the page to where he needed to sign, covering everything else but the signature box. I lifted up his blindfold and he signed his name. I put the blindfold back on and sighed, thankful that it worked. I then walked back over to the receptionist and handed her the paperwork. 

"Thank you," She smiled. "Oh! Your performance in the new movie you did is so good."

"Thanks."

"I cried at the end."