Chapter 21

November 15, 1999

"Bye!" I kissed Ville and ran out of the house and into the car. 

I drove into town to get Ville a birthday present. I had no idea what to get him, but I decided that if I couldn't find anything, I would just get him a pack of cigarettes. 

I parked the car and walked into this little pawn shop I eyed. It smelled like the forest while made me glad and I looked through everything they had, but couldn't find anything. 

"You're Tina Morgenson's daughter, right?" Someone asked. 

I looked around and saw a man behind the counter-wearing a green baseball cap, a t shirt, and jeans-staring at me. "Yeah, I am."

"I'm a big fan of her movies."

"I'll be sure to tell her," I smiled and continued looking. 

"What you looking for?"

"A birthday present for my boyfriend."

"Who's your boyfriend?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" I noticed that he stood right next to me. 

"I mean, I could try to help you find something."

"I actually don't see anything here that he would like, but thanks for trying."

"Oh, that's a shame. Do you see anything you like? I have a diamond necklace!"

"I don't really like diamonds."

"You don't like anything," He muttered. 

I smiled at him and walked out, unable to deal with his bullshit. I walked into the next store and it was a clothing store. Ville wore really simple clothes-mostly black stuff. 

As I was looking through the pants, a man asked, "You about to be transgender?"

I choked on nothing. "What?" I turned and looked at the man. He was young, had long, curly blond hair, and was incredibly attractive. On top of that, he was wearing a Nightmare Before Christmas beanie. 

"I asked you a question."

"Sorry," I blanked and shook my head. I wasn't supposed to stare at attractive people-I had a boyfriend.

"So...You becoming transgender? I'm genuinely asking."

"No, I'm not."

"Holy shit! You're Tina Morgenson's daughter!"

"Yep!" 

"I enjoy her movies."

"Don't we all," I sarcastically remarked. 

"I'm Corey Taylor."

"Adette Morgenson."

"I figured," He flashed a smile. "So...what are you doing here?"

"Trying to figure out what the fuck do get for my boyfriend."

"Christmas is over a month away."

"No. His birthday is in a week."

"I see."

"Hey, you're a guy. What would you want for your birthday from your girlfriend?"

"A nice, long blowjob," He smirked, but shrugged his shoulders. "I don't really fucking know. A CD or something?"

I gasped. "Genius! You're a fucking genius!"

"There's a record store right across the street...I could go with you if you'd like."