Chapter 104

April 12, 2006

"This changes things, doesn't it?" Corey asked me as we pulled up to my mom's house. 

"What does?" I asked. 

"The baby."

"Obviously the baby is going to change things."

"No, I'm talking about our plans."

"What plans?"

"The tour."

"Oh," I sighed. "Yeah. Hey, kids, do you want to go inside?"

"Sure!" Ashton unbuckled himself. 

I looked at Griffin and Angeline and saw that they were a little unsure. 

"I can walk them inside and then we can continue this conversation," Corey offered. 

I nodded my head, so he got out of the car and brought the kids inside. 

As he was doing that, I thought about this baby we were having. Corey and I were extremely excited, but it also brought on a lot of stress. While we had the baby to worry about, we also had to plan the wedding, Corey had to go on tour, and I had to work. I just needed Corey to promise to be there for me. I needed him there for me as he needed me, too. 

Corey walked out, so I got out of the car and leaned against it. 

"What were we talking about?" I asked Corey. 

"The tour."

"Right."

"I might have to cancel the tour, Ad-"

"No you don't. It's not like I'm going to be pregnant for the whole tour."

"I want to be there for you, though. This is our first child together and I want to be there to experience it with you."

"And you will. Corey, you can stay back if you want, but you don't need to. The tour is your job-your job is to make music-and it's how you get paid. Will I go on tour with you? No."

"Why not?"

"I don't want to travel around that much-it's too much work," I chuckled. 

"I get it-Wait, it's too much work?"

"Yeah. I mean, we'll obviously have to transition from bus to plane, and it would be boring. Don't get me wrong, I love hanging out with you, but I wouldn't enjoy it. The more I thought about it, the more I was like, 'I don't really want to do this' but I couldn't tell you because I knew you would be upset-"

"I would obviously be fucking upset!" He raised his voice. 

"Jesus Christ, Corey."

"So, if you didn't get pregnant, you wouldn't have told me that you didn't want to go on tour?!"

"No, why would I do that?"

"Oh my God!" He chuckled breathlessly. "Tell me you're fucking joking."

"No, I'm not."

"Wow!" He ran his fingers through his hair. "Well then. You'd be willing to lie to me for over six fucking months?!"

"Corey, chillax!"

"No, I won't chillax! Do you understand what you're telling me right now?!"

"Corey, get over it! It doesn't matter! It's not that big of a deal!"

"It is a big deal! What were you even thinking?!"

My eyes widened. "What the fuck is going on?!"