Chapter 105

April 13, 2006

"Yeah, school's tough," I told my patient Harrison. 

"The teachers don't even care, though. They care more about whether we get good grades than if we're actually learning the curriculum or whatever."

"How do you know that?"

"They literally told us that."

"Really?" I chuckled. 

"No, obviously not. They might as well, though."

"How's your sleeping?"

"Eh, it's been alright. I had trouble sleeping again last night."

"Did you take your medication?"

He looked down. 

"Harrison, you have to take your medication."

"I'm allowed to forget!"

"Put a note on your medicine cabinet or something, because this isn't the first time you've forgotten to take it."

"Okay, okay, I will."

"You will?"

"Fine."

"I'm going to remind your parents."

"No! I can do it."

"If you don't do it by our next appointment, I'm going to inform your parents, Harrison."

"Do you not trust me?"

"Get out of town!" I playfully nudged him while chuckling. "Our appointment is done."

"Okay. Bye."

"Bye."

I walked him out to his parents, then walked back into my office and shut the door, locking it behind me. 

-------------------------------------------

"So many people to tell!" Corey shouted. "We have to tell my band, my parents, your friends: Melissa and Taylor, umm, who else?!"

"Chillax, Corey," I massaged his back. "Relax. If you want, tomo-"

The doorbell rang, which interrupted me. 

"Fuck!" Corey exclaimed. "This always fucking happens!"

"You're louder than the doorbell," I muttered as he walked away. 

It seemed as if when the kids were sleeping, that's when the doorbell would ring. 

I heard Ashton start to cry, so I ran to his bedroom and saw that he was banging on the door for me to unlock it-I made the lock on the outside of the door since he always got out of bed. 

"Mommy!" He shouted as I opened up the door. 

"What?" I asked. 

"You can't lock the door! That's not very-very nice!"

"Come on," I grabbed his hand and tucked him back into bed. "You need to be quiet-Griffin is sleeping."

"Okay."

I kissed his forehead and saw that he was already asleep. I envied Griffin-he was the heaviest sleeper I had ever met. I shut the door, but didn't lock it in case one of them had to go to the bathroom. 

"Corey!" I whispered. "You need to be fucking quiet!"

"Sorry," He said. 

I squealed as I saw Paul. I ran over to him and hugged him. 

"Paul!" I whispered. 

"Hey!" He shouted. 

"Shh!" I whispered yet again.

"Maybe get a bigger house and I won't have to whisper," He smirked, letting go of me. 

"This isn't even a house, Paul," Corey spoke. "It's an apartment-get it right."

"We'll be looking for houses soon," I explained, sitting down next to Corey.

Paul gasped and that's when I noticed him staring at my stomach. 

"Congratulations, guys!" He made sure to whisper, then got up and hugged me. 

I got butterflies in my stomach and smiled. 

"How far along?" He asked. 

"Wait a fucking second," Corey said. "Your family didn't notice your stomach, but Paul did?"

"I was wearing a bigger shirt," I replied. 

"Oh, right. We're about three months."

"Wow, you two definitely have a lot on your plate," Paul said. 

"Tell me about it."

"It's very stressful," I added. "But, I actually made a checklist today. We have to find a wedding planner (we didn't really like the one we originally went with), get stuff for the baby, ultrasound, tell everyone about baby, find a house-"

"Stop, you're making me freak out!" Corey chuckled. 

"Are you still going on tour with 'Stone Sour'?" Paul asked. 

"I don't really know."

"If you guys need anything, I'm here for you."

"Thanks, man."

"Anytime."

"Want a drink?"

"Sure."

"Fuck you two," I smirked. 

Corey grabbed two bottles of beer, then handed one to Paul. 

"How's it feel to be pregnant again?" Paul asked me. 

"Weird," I replied. "I don't like being pregnant-never have and never will."

"What if you have twins?"

"I will kill myself. I do not want twins. Oh my God, Paul, stop it! That would be five fucking kids!"

Paul laughed. "Do you get along with Corey's kids?"

"Yeah. I mean, more Angeline than Griffin, but Griffin's so young that he just thinks of me as his dad's friend. His mind can't comprehend that we're together, but not him and his mom. Maybe he goes back and forth between houses, but he doesn't really understand why. He just knows, 'that's mom and that's dad'."

"How do you-"

"She's a psychologist," Corey took a sip of his beer. 

"Oh, I see," Paul slowly nodded his head. "Who knows about the baby?"

"All of her family, you, and the kids."

"That's it?"

"For now."