Chapter 109

September 11, 2006

I woke up emotionally drained. The day before felt so unreal. I looked beside me and saw that Corey was not next to me. 

"The fuck?" I muttered. 

I slowly got up, but then winced as I immediately got light-headed. I reached for my glass of water, drank it, then walked out into the front room. 

Corey was eating some breakfast with Jim, so he invited me to sit next to him. 

"We have to get leaving soon," I told them and walked into the bedroom. 

I had no idea of what to do. My fucking fiancee tried to kill himself and here I was in a different bedroom. 

It wasn't long before I started crying. I was so close to losing him. What did I do to make him feel this way? 

No, it wasn't my fault. 

But, I should have been there for him. I should have asked him how he was feeling. There were so many different things I could have done different. I mean, he had a fiancee and was about to give birth to a daughter-what the fuck?

"PAUL!" I heard shouting. 

"Paul?" I muttered. I ran into the bathroom, rinsed my face off with water, wiped it with a towel, and then looked at myself in the mirror-no trace of crying. 

I walked out and gave Paul a hug. 

"Hi!" I smiled. 

"You're so big!" He chuckled. "I love it!"

"Ready to go?" Corey wrapped an arm around me. 

"Um, yeah, you need to go pack, though," I removed his arm from my shoulder and walked out of the hotel. 

I was being rude to him and didn't care. What he didn't realize was that he hurt me badly and I could have lost him. 

"ADETTE!" A man with a 'Slipknot' shirt ran up to me. "I'm a huge fan of your boyfriend's music and you!"

"Thanks," I tried to walk away, but he stopped me. 

"Could I please get a picture?"

I groaned. "Make it quick."

We quickly took a picture and then I walked outside and felt the breeze blow on my face as I shut my eyes. It was nice and relaxing, but when I opened my eyes, I saw a lot of people and traffic. The relaxation quickly subsided, so I walked back inside and into the hotel. I took the elevator to the hotel room, opened it up, and saw that everything was almost all packed up. 

Everything felt so unreal. It felt like nothing was right. It was a difficult feeling to explain, but I hated it and I wanted to get rid of it. 

"Alright, the cab's downstairs, let's get all of the stuff and move it!" Jim shouted. 

He grabbed some bags and rushed past me, out of the room. 

"Excuse me," Another man said, so I sat down on the couch and caught my breath. 

"You alright there?" Paul asked me. 

I smiled and nodded my head, then quickly looked back down at my stomach. I smiled as I thought that Corey's and my baby was in there. Our child was literally growing in my stomach. 

Why would Corey want to leave me? 

Paul sat down next to me and hugged me. 

"You alright?" He asked.