Chapter 26

November 25, 1999

I drove the rest of the way back since Ville was tired. He tried driving, but within the first hour, he started to fall asleep, so I drove. It was nice to see him asleep while being content and happy. 

I was upset that they wouldn't let me listen to the record until it came out. But, they all seemed really happy with it and I was proud of them. 

When we arrived at my apartment, I started unloading things into my apartment while I continued to let Ville sleep. After I successfully got everything inside, I noticed that Ville was in the driver's seat. 

I shook my head and opened up the driver door. "What do you think you're doing?"

He scratched the top of his head. "Um, driving."

"No. I'm driving."

"Since when do you get to decide that?"

"I don't know," I chuckled. 

"Hey, can I spend the night in your apartment tonight?"

I smiled widely. "Of course." I walked into the passenger seat. "Did you get a good sleep?"

"Yeah. Thanks for letting me sleep."

"Of course."

"Where to?"

"My mom's house. Do you know where that's at?"

"Yeah."

I ran right out of the car as soon as we pulled up. I waited for Ville to come up to the door and that's when I rang the doorbell. 

"Stay there, Ashton!" My mom said. 

I furrowed my eyebrows. Why was Ashton there? Neil was supposed to be watching him. 

When she opened up the door, she shrieked and hugged me. 

"YOU'RE BACK!" She yelled. 

I chuckled and hugged her. "I'm back!"

We walked inside and as soon as I saw Ashton, I started crying. My motherly instinct kicked in and not seeing him for the longest time really took a toll on me. Now that I finally saw him, I didn't want to let him go. 

"MWOMMY!" His eyes lit up and he ran over to me. 

I hugged him tightly. "I missed you so much."

"Look!" He showed me a picture of Ville and I in a magazine kissing. 

I chuckled. "Yeah."

"Mwommy!"

"Yes."

He giggled and ran over to the couch, so I followed him. Till stood up and hugged me and I hugged him back. 

"You have fun?" He asked me. 

I nodded my head and looked around for Ville to find him playing with Ashton. 

"I missed you so much!" I grabbed Ashton and squeezed him. He laughed hysterically as Ville crawled over and started tickling him. 

"Ville?" My mom asked. 

"Yeah?" He looked at her. 

"Till and I got you a little something for your birthday."

"Oh, thank you," He got up and approached her. 

He opened up the box and it was full of rings. I picked up Ashton and walked over to them. 

"Whoa!" I gasped.