Chapter 4

They were just staring at me with no expression, making me feel a little insecure. I wondered if I looked weird, or did something wrong, but my thoughts were interrupted by Ashton crying. I ran over to him and saw that he was on the floor. 

"Awww, my baby!" I picked him up and rocked him back and forth. 

"What happened?" My mom asked. 

"He fell," I replied and gave the bottle back to Ashton before sitting back down on the couch. 

Neil came downstairs and I gasped as I saw his hair-it looked awesome. 

"Dude, that looks so cool!" I told him. 

"Thanks," He looked back and forth between my mom and I. 

"They just showed up. Can you take Ashton?"

"Um, sure," He grabbed Ashton and fed him. 

"Where are your parents?"

"They probably went to the store."

I turned to my mom. "So...do you need something?"

"You can't just run off, Adette," She said. "You didn't even ask me! You just fucking left!"

"Mom, you have to understand where I'm coming from-"

"I do! I'm twenty, Mom. I don't have to ask you anything."

"You tell her!" Neil shouted making me chuckle. 

I noticed that Richard had his head down, so I sighed and hugged him. I then hugged my mom and Till shortly afterwards. 

"I love you guys," I told them. "But, I'm honestly not that happy. You all cheated on each other at one point and that's horrible!"

"Neil is right there!" My mom said. 

"I told him everything that happened."

"Of course you did."

I was going to respond, but I didn't need to. It would just make things worse. "Can you guys at least explain everything that happened?"

"Fine," My mom sighed and we all sat down on the couch. 

"It was a coincidence that your mom and I met while her and Till were dating," Richard clarified. "Like, I mean that we were not in a band and we didn't know each other."

I nodded my head. "So...how did you and Richard meet?"

"We'll start from the very beginning," My mom spoke. "Till and I met when we were both basket weavers. We had feelings for each other and slept together. Again, we dated for a little while, but it didn't last that long. Fast forward a couple of days, Till got mad at me and we got into this argument. He got mad because he thought that I was checking out someone else. On my way home, I bumped into Richard. I was crying because I was upset with what happened with Till and I and he comforted me and helped me. Being at the age I was, boys are typically kind, so I was taken aback by what he was doing. We went to a tiny little park and we were swinging on the swings and talking. One thing led to another, we were back at his house and we fucked. 

"When I found out I was pregnant, I didn't know whos it was. The reason why I said it was Till's is because I never talked to Richard at that. The reason being is because the next day I showed up to work, Till apologized and I felt so bad."

"I showed up at the basket weaving place to go see your mom," Richard said. "And I saw her and Till hugging and kissing each other. I knew that what we did was wrong and I just simply walked away."

There was a lot of tension in the room. Till was very pissed, though. He was very pissed at what my mom had just said, and I felt bad. I walked over to him and hugged him causing him to smile. 

"Wait, so, how did you know that I was Richard's?" I asked.

"Just by how you looked," My mom said. "You looked exactly like Richard. Till didn't suspect anything because-"

"I didn't know who Richard was," He interjected. 

I looked over at Neil and saw that he was still feeding Ashton. It made me really happy that he was still in the picture and we didn't end up like my mom and Till. 

"So...what's going to happen now?" I asked. 

"What do you want to happen?" My mom asked.

"I want to hang out with Richard," I said. "I want to get to know my dad. But, I do love Till. I thought that he was my dad, you don't understand! It's not just you, Mom, but you too, Richard. You knew all along. If it really bugged you that much, then why wouldn't you say anything?"

"Because!" He started to tear up. "Looking at you and Till, you guys looked like father and daughter. If it was us, we wouldn't."

"We never gave it a chance! Let's go out right now."

"What?"

"Let's go out. Come on."

We walked into my car and I drove us to a little park. Since there was no one there, we went to the bench in the middle and sat there in awkward silence. 

"I'm sorry," I told him. "I'm making it seem like your fault and I shouldn't."

"No, it's fine."

"How do you feel about all of this?"

"I am very, very mad at your mom."

"Are you going to stay with her?"

"No."

I grew sad. "Oh."

"I'm sorry."

"No, it's the right thing to do. I mean, if someone cheated on me, I wouldn't want to stay with them either."

"Are you okay?"

"I just feel really bad for you and Till and my mom."

He hugged me. "It'll be alright, though."

"I hope it will," I wrapped my arms around him. "Is that why you always got mad around Till and I?"

"Most of the time," He let go of me. 

"I feel so bad now!"

"It's alright," He chuckled and hugged me back again. I was fine as we hugged in silence.

But it wouldn't be alright. It would get much, much worse.