Chapter 24

November 23, 1999

"Yeah, he's just sleeping," I told Mikko. 

"Oh."

"He's really tired."

"We all are."

I grabbed my cup of coffee and sipped it. "Are you guys going to record today?"

"Yeah."

"Shouldn't you guys take a break?"

"Listen, you're not in the band, we are. You're just his girlfriend, okay? You don't have a say in whatever we do. You already fucked it up. You don't need to make things worse."

"What do you mean?"

"We're going to be leaving this week."

"Why?"

"Because Ville thinks that you miss your family too much and doesn't want to keep you longer here than you have to be here."

"But I could leave."

"That's what I said!"

"It seems like you don't want me here."

"It's not that I don't want you here. It's just that Ville's always getting distracted and he's not focused. He needs to be focused on this record...not other things."

"Are those 'other things' me?"

"Yeah, but he cares for you."

I nodded my head, set the coffee cup down, and walked to our bedroom to find Ville changing.

I needed to leave. If I was being that much of a distraction to the point where his bandmate had to address it, it was obviously a problem. His band was his top priority and I didn't need to intervene. 

"Good morning," He smiled and kissed me. 

I simply smiled at him, but walked to the closet and started gathering my things together. "Mikko's downstairs, Ville."

He walked into the closet and saw what I was doing. "What are you doing?"

"I'm just getting my things together."

He grabbed my clothes and put them back on the dresser. "Why?"

"Because I'm leaving."

"Why?"

"I just got done having a conversation with Mikko and-"

"Was he talking about me?"

"Yeah."

"Don't listen to anything he says. He's pissed at me and just wants to say shit."

"He said that you're distracted and not focused on the new record."

He scoffed. "I don't know why he would say that, but I'm definitely focused. I'm more focused than he is!"

"This isn't a competition. He also told me that we're planning on leaving this week?"

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"Because today's the last day of recording our album. We're doing our last song today."

"Really?!"

"Yeah."

"He told me it's because you thought I missed my family and didn't want to keep me here."

"I mean, I do feel bad, but you don't have to stay here. You could leave whenever you want to."

"So when are we leaving?"