Chapter 113

November 13, 2006

"No way," I chuckled softly. 

"Knock it off," Corey snapped. 

"What did I do?!"

"You're obviously in pain right now-just look at how you're holding your fucking stomach."

I just realized that I was clutching my stomach, so I moved my hands to my side. 

"It's just-"

"Contractions?" Corey interrupted. 

"No."

"You're sure?"

"Yes."

He sat down and hugged me. "I love you."

"I love you, too. Hey, um, Floor and Simone are coming over."

"What?" He let go. 

The doorbell rang. 

"That's them," I giggled. 

Corey opened up the door and let them inside. I would've stood up to hug them, but I would have to sit back down again-there was no point. 

"Whose kids are here?" Simone asked. 

"Just mine," Corey replied. "My ex-wife went to go on a vacation with a friend of hers."

"So...Angeline and Griffin?"

"Correct."

"I got it right," She chuckled. "Are they sleeping?"

"Angeline is watching something, but Griffin is sleeping."

"We'll be quiet," Floor grinned. "Do you have any drinks?"

"Sure," Corey got up and returned with three bottles. 

"Thanks," Simone and Floor said in unison. 

"Neil showed me this band the other day and I kind of liked it," I remembered. "Corey, it's underneath the couch, can you grab it?"

"Why the fuck is it underneath the couch?" He handed me the CD.

"Don't judge me," I chuckled. "Go put it in the CD player and switch it to...number eight. Yeah, eight."

"'Cradle of Filth'?" He sat back down. 

"Yeah. I like the opera. It was kind of like how you guys described symphonic metal."

"I think that they are symphonic black metal," Floor said. "But, I'm not sure. I don't really listen to this type of music."

"How has the pregnancy been so far?" Simone asked me. 

"Way better than when I was pregnant with Ash," I replied. "I haven't gotten any morning sickness or anything. I threw up a couple of times, but that's it. My feet are just really swollen and I've gained quite a bit of weight."

"That's not terrible. You could have it worse."

"Yeah. Corey and I are going to be exercising once this baby comes out."

When the operatic part came on, I attempted to sing it, but it sucked, so I stopped. Simone started singing it instead and I just sat there in awe. 

"Your voice is so beautiful," I told her. 

"Thanks," She replied. "I could give you opera lessons if you wanted."

"Sure."

"Do you like this song?" Corey asked me.