Epilogue

December 25, 2019

"Oh, be quiet," I shoved Ville lightly as he acted like he didn't know how to work the phone. 

He started the video, so we went into our son Victor's bedroom and woke him up very gently. 

"Merry Christmas," We whispered. 

His eyes shot up and he hugged us. For being six, he was very affectionate. He ran downstairs and ate breakfast. 

"When do we open up presents?!" He shrieked. 

Ville shut off the phone. "When your other siblings get here."

"Be quiet," I whispered. "Carrie is still sleeping."

"She's mean in the mornings," Victor said, causing both Ville and I to chuckle. 

Ville and I adopted Carrie-she was 12 and was in an abusive household and with no hesitation, we adopted her. We loved her right from the start. 2 years later, she was having as normal of a teenage life we could possibly give her. 

"Morning," She said and came down the stairs. 

"Oh, look who's in a good mood," I smiled down at her. 

"Yeah, whatever," She grabbed a plate and got her food, then started eating. 

The doorbell rang, so I opened up the door and saw Corey standing there with Everleigh. 

"Hi, Mom," She hugged me, then hugged Corey. 

"I think it's her time of month," Corey whispered to me as she walked inside. 

"Why do you say that?" I asked. 

"She's been crying non-stop and is just really grumpy."

"Oh, I see."

"So, watch out," He winked.

 "Sorry," Alicia-Corey's wife-ran up. "I was on a phone call."

"How's Victor?" Corey asked. 

"He's doing really good."

"How are you doing?"

"Me? I'm doing great. What about you?"

"Me too. We have to get going. It was nice seeing you."

"Nice seeing you, too," I shut the door and walked back into the living room. 

Shortly after, the doorbell rang. I opened it up and shrieked when I saw Ashton standing there. I hugged him for a while. He was never really around and we hadn't really been talking as much. He had been in college, so he was very busy.

Everyone ran over and hugged Ashton. He looked a lot like his father and it amazed me because his eyes were just like mine, but everything else was his dad's. 

Ville and I lived in a mansion-it was very open and it was in the middle of a forest. Ville wanted to be secluded from everyone else and I was all for that. The only problem was driving the kids to school and going to the store. It took a while, but it was worth it. 

My mom and Keanu arrived and I hugged them both. It was crazy that after all these years, they had still been together. But, I loved Keanu for how me made my mom feel. After my mom told him about what Harvey Weinstein did to her, he didn't try to confront him like everyone else did. He just listened to her. My mom came out during the "Me-Too" Movement and Keanu supported her. He supported her no matter what she did. They loved each other. But they didn't want to get married. Why? They still hadn't answered me.