Chapter 108

September 10, 2006

"Okay, what now?" I spoke into the phone. 

"Oh, I see you, just stay there," Jim hung up the phone and I groaned. 

What if he didn't see me? What if he was just lying and didn't want to hear my voice?

I then saw a tall man running towards me and I knew that it was Jim. 

"Hi!" He hugged me. "Jesus! You're fucking huge!"

"Tell me about it," I rolled my eyes. 

"Corey's going to kill me!"

"Why?"

"You drove all the way-"

"I didn't drive-someone I knew did. I have people, Jim."

"Oh God. Okay. Let's get back to the hotel-it's late."

"Is Corey there?"

"Yeah."

I smiled. I hadn't seen Corey in months and I missed him. Most nights, I would go to sleep crying because he wasn't with me. But, I had other things keeping me busy-planning the wedding, looking for houses, taking Ashton to school, and buying things for the baby.

No one knew the gender yet-since Corey was gone on tour, we couldn't really have a gender reveal or a baby shower-except for Paul and I. 

"So, boy or girl?" Jim asked. 

"Not saying," I smirked. 

"Why didn't you bring anything?"

"I'm only staying the night and then we're going back home in the morning."

"Right."

"Hey, how has Corey been? Last week when we called, he seemed a little...off."

"As far as I know, he's been fine," Jim said, but his voice got more high-pitched. 

I immediately became worried. "Jim?"

"What?"

"What's wrong with Corey?"

"Nothing."

"Jim fucking Root! Tell me right fucking now!"

"He's just been drinking more-that's it. That's all."

"Oh. I thought-Nevermind. Do you know why?"

"No, I don't. I mean, we've been partying and stuff, but he doesn't really party with us. He just sits in the back and drinks."

When we arrived at the hotel, we got into the elevator and went to their floor. 

"Have you guys been having fun?" I asked him. 

"Yeah. The tour's been a blast."

"I'm glad."

"How's the pregnancy been?"

"Annoying. But, if I'm being honest, I want Corey with me, you know? I've been doing this all by myself and I know I told him it was fine, but I still miss him."

"That's alright. You're going to see him."

The elevator dinged, so we got out and went inside of the hotel, but no one was there. 

"Where is everyone?" I asked. 

"Oh, they're probably on the roof-everyone's been going there a lot."

We walked out to the roof, but as soon as we got to the stairs, I walked up them slowly. I was able to walk perfectly fine, but going up was a pain in the fucking ass.