Chapter 103

January 30, 2006

The doorbell rang, so I opened it up and saw Scarlett there. I immediately regretted opening it up, but I had to be mature about this. 

"Alright, bye," Scarlett kissed Griffin and Angeline goodbye, then hugged them. "Love you kids."

"Love you too," They both said in unison, then walked inside. 

"Where's Corey?" Scarlett leaned against the wall. 

"Um, he's upstairs," I replied. 

"Okay. Well, can you go get him?"

"Sure. C-Come in."

She walked inside and stood by the door as I shut it. I walked upstairs and grabbed Corey. For some reason, she was really intimidating to me and I hated it-she always made me nervous. 

Corey walked downstairs and I left to go see Ashton and Griffin playing together. On the other hand, Angeline was staring out the window. 

I was excited for today-considering no one knew what we were doing except for me.

"Alright kids!" Corey shouted as the front door shut. 

I sighed as I realized Stephanie was gone. 

"Um, Angeline?" I asked her. 

"Yeah?" She looked up at me. 

"Can you come with me?"

"Sure."

"Corey, can you get Griffin ready?"

"For what?" He asked. 

I groaned. "Are you serious?"

"What?"

"Today we're taking the family pictures!"

"Oh, fuck! That's right!"

"Profanity!" Angeline joked. 

We walked into my bedroom and I handed her a sweatshirt to wear. 

"You want me to wear this?" She asked. "Aren't pictures supposed to be nice?"

"Yes, Angeline, but we can't put on your clothes right now-we have to wait until we get there."

"Okay. And my bottoms are fine?"

"Actually, I have some for you," I grabbed her some jeans and handed them to her. "If they don't fit, just put on a belt."

"Thanks."

She walked out of the room and I grabbed all of the shirts they were supposed to wear, put them in a grocery bag, then sneakily put them in the trunk of the car. 

"The kids are ready!" Corey shouted. "I repeat, the kids are ready!"

I chuckled. "Corey, put some gel in their hair or something-it would look so cute."

"You heard her. Chop-chop into my bathroom!"

Griffin and Ashton walked into our bedroom. Corey kissed me quickly, then ran back to them. 

"Do I look fine?" Angeline asked as she approached me. 

"You look very pretty," I smiled. 

"Thanks."

"Do you want me to do your hair or anything?"

"Can you curl it? I like how your hair looks curled and I want to do it on my hair."