Chapter 102

January 7, 2006

"Ease up," Corey massaged my shoulders. "You're really tense."

"How can I not be?! Did you hear what happened yesterday?"

"I was there."

"Corey," I sighed and stood up. "You don't understand-you don't get it. They're mad at me because you cheated on your wife with me, but they did the exact same fucking thing!"

"They're allowed to be upset."

"Oh, so you're fine with them being mad?"

"Did I say that?"

"No."

"I'm definitely frustrated. I'm fucking frustrated, but I mean, they have a point. I did cheat on Scarlett with you."

"Corey, I understand. Am I proud of that? No."

"But it still happened. That's how our relationship was fucking formed!"

"What do you mean?"

"Our relationship started when we had sex. I don't know about you, but I didn't stop having feelings for you, Adette."

"Obviously I didn't stop."

"But, our relationship was based on us cheating."

"I know, Corey. God, just stop. Stop!" 

"What do you mean?"

"Stop repeating the same words over and over again. I understand!"

"Jesus. Chill the fuck out, man."

I glared at him, then answered the phone as it rang. 

"Hello?" I asked. 

"Adette?" My mom spoke into the phone. 

"Yeah?"

"H-How are you?"

"I'm fine."

"Good. Just wanted to make sure that you wouldn't do anything...you know."

"Mom, I'm fine. I'm obviously upset that everyone's pissed off at Corey and I."

"Not everyone is pissed off. We're going to be frustrated that Corey cheated on his wife with you. And if I'm being honest, Adette, I don't think you guys should get married. I think that the way your relationship was formed is not at all appropriate, but you're an adult now. There's going to be some tension, but we'll always support you."

I was definitely mad and I wanted to end the call. She literally cheated, too, but yet it's wrong if I do it. 

"Okay, Mom."

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

"How are Till and my dad?"

"They're fine-they don't overexaggerate things, unlike women."

I chuckled. "You are right."

"What are you doing?"

"Corey was giving me a massage."

"Oh. I'll leave you to it."

"It was nothing sexual."

"I didn't need to know that."

"Yeah, but the tone in your voice said it all."

"Whatever, Adette."

"We should get a wedding planner," Corey randomly said. 

I gasped. "We should!"

"Let's start getting this fucking wedding ready!"

"Amen! Sorry, Mom, I have to go plan a wedding."

"Bye," She said.

"Bye."

I set my phone down and smiled at Corey. We were going to do this. We were going to plan a wedding-we were finally going to get things going. 

"I have a question," I said. 

"Fire away."

"You want to be involved in the planning, right?"

"Fuck no," He chuckled. 

"Why not?"

"That's just not my cup of fucking tea. I was actually thinking that you could plan it with the wedding planner while I am going on tour."

"I'm going to go with you, Corey."

"On tour? No you're not."

"And why not?"

"Because you wouldn't enjoy it."

"Corey Todd Taylor, I don't give a fuck. I want to be with you, okay?"

"No you don't."

"Are you telling me what I want and don't want right now?"

"Touring isn't fun."

"Then why do you do it?"

"Because I enjoy it."

"Corey, I may not enjoy the lifestyle, but I do enjoy hanging out with you."

"I understand-"

His voice trailed off as I thought about why he was so adamant on me going on tour with him. It's not like I was bringing any kids with me or anything.

Then, it hit me. 

"You don't want me to go with you, do you?" I interrupted him. 

"What?"

"You don't want me to go on tour with you-that's why you're trying to change my mind."

"Did I say that?"

"No, but it's sounding like it."

"Adette."

"What?"

"I just don't want you to be bummed out the whole fucking time because you're bored."

"I won't, Corey. Besides, we've got a wedding to plan-that'll keep me occupied."

"When do you want to have it?"

"Sometime next year, but after you have no more concerts."

"I think that my last one of next year is in October with 'Stone Sour'."

"Let's do it in November!"

"November it is," He smiled. "But we really need to find a wedding planner."

"I know, I know. I'll try to find one when we get back home. Don't you want to help plan it?"

"Not really, Adette."

"You're going to somewhat help."

"We'll see about that," He chuckled. "Right now, let's just love each other, okay?"

"Okay," I giggled and kissed him. 

He deepened the kiss and that's when I knew that he wanted to take things further than just kissing.