Chapter 69

October 5, 2002

"Mommy will be right back," I promised Ashton. 

"Okay. Bye."

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

"Be careful," My mom told me. 

"I'm literally just grabbing some of my shit," I told her. 

"Language."

I rolled my eyes, grabbed my keys, then drove to his house. As soon as I pulled into the driveway, I called Taylor. 

"Taylor?" I asked after she answered. "I'm sorry for being really rude yesterday."

"Mhm."

"I really am. Something's wrong with me and I'm not taking this whole thing very well."

"I understand. You and Ville are just in a dark spot right now."

"I think we're breaking up," My voice cracked. 

"Wait, what?"

I told her about the phone call from Bam, and halfway through I started crying. "God, I'm sick and tired of crying."

"I'll beat that motherfucker."

"I'd bet he's had worse happen to him."

"You're probably right," She chuckled. 

I leaned over the edge of the car, hyperventilating. I was freaking out. "T-T-Taylor!"

"What? What's wrong?"

"We're o-o-ov-ove-"

"Breathe, Adette."

I couldn't stop crying and that was taking so much energy from me. I kicked my car and then groaned out in pain, but chuckled afterwards at my stupidity. "I'm fine."

"You're fucking bipolar," She chortled. 

"I guess so."

"What are you doing?"

"I'm in front of his house right now and I'm about to get some of my shit."

"You get it, girl! You get your shit!"

"I'm going to get my shit."

My stomach started hurting due to my nervousness. 

"Are his parents there?" She asked.

"Yeah."

"That's great."

"I think Bam is, too."

"Don't give a fuck, Adette."

"Don't worry. I won't."

"Call me if you need anything."

"Got it. Bye."

"Bye."

I put my phone in my pocket, grabbed my key, then walked to the front door. I tried to put the key in the hole, but I was shaking so bad to the point where I couldn't put the fucking key in the hole. I finally succeeded, took a deep breath, and opened up the door, slamming it shut behind me. 

"What the fuck?!" Bam shouted. 

I walked straight to my bedroom-or Ville's bedroom-but was stopped as soon as I set foot on the first step. 

"What the fuck are you doing here?!" Bam pulled me by my arm. 

"I'm grabbing my shit, Bam."

"Why?"