Chapter 62

September 22, 2002

I was really getting along with Ville's family. My mom wanted to meet them really bad, so her, Till, my dad, and Caron were all going to come over for dinner. 

"The chairs are in the garage," Ville told me. 

"Will you help me grab them?"

"Sure."

We picked up some folded chairs and brought them into the backyard. There were a total ten chairs. 

"We have a lot of people that care for us," Ville hugged me from the side. 

"I still don't appreciate what you did."

"What are you talking about?" He lit a cigarette and took a drag. 

"You literally sent my son off with your mom, dad, and brother to go somewhere that we don't know!"

"You don't know where the park is?"

"They probably took him out for ice cream."

"Do you not want them with Ashton?"

"No. I would have just appreciated it if you told me they were taking him."

"You were sleeping."

"You could've told me yesterday."

"We decided this morning!"

Just then, my phone rang. I answered it and asked who it was. 

"Taylor!" She squealed. 

"Oh, hi Taylor."

"Tell her I say 'hi'," Ville went inside, shutting the door behind him to give me some privacy. 

"Ville says hi."

"Tell him I say hi!" She exclaimed. 

"I can't. He already went inside."

"Oh, what a shame."

I chuckled, grabbed a cigarette, lit it, then took a drag. I leaned my head back and breathed slowly. 

"What have you been up to?" Taylor asked, disrupting my thoughts. 

"Well, Ville's family's in town."

"His parents?"

"And his little brother. They just showed up without telling us!"

"How weird. Well, how are they?!"

"They're nice. His parents look nothing like him, though. And his dad owns a sex shop!"

"A sex shop?"

"Yep!"

"Of all the things, they chose a sex shop?"

"Yeah. And my mom, Till, my dad, and Caron are all coming over to meet them."

"That's a lot of people."

"It is. It's like, 10, I think. Ville and I just got done setting up the chairs."

"How are you two?"

"We're good."

"No arguing?"

"No, not really," I looked back inside to find that he was playing the guitar and writing stuff down on a sheet of paper-probably lyrics. "He's been eating more and I can't really get on his case for smoking and drinking since I do the same thing."

She chuckled. "I see what you're saying."

"How is it being pregnant?!"

"I'm really excited and so is Sam."