Chapter 114

November 14, 2006

She was born at exactly 12:00 A.M. on November 14, 2006. 

Corey walked over with her in his hands and sat down next to me. He threw off his mask and hairnet and looked down at her. 

The father in him kicked in. He was crying and smiling, but most of all, he was happy. That's all I wanted. I didn't care if I wasn't happy or not-I just wanted the people I loved to be happy. 

Corey handed her to me and I gasped. She was crying uncontrollably, yes, but I didn't care. She was mine and I loved her so much. I kissed her head and then a doctor took her from me. 

I hugged Corey and started crying. 

"You did it," He said. 

"So did you," I kissed him. 

My body ached and my legs hurt, but it was all worth it. 

"Mom," I whispered. 

"Hm?" She asked. 

"I have a baby girl."

She smiled and kissed the top of my head. "My baby girl has a baby girl."

The doctor came back with her wrapped in a blanket. I held her once more and then knew it. 

I knew as soon as I looked down at her what her name was. 

"Everleigh Thelma Taylor," I told Corey. "That's her name."

"Thelma as in my grandmother's name?" His eyes lit up. 

I nodded my head and he started crying. 

"Mom, here," I handed her to my mom. 

As my mom held her, she started crying, too. 

I saw how much Thelma did for Corey, though. If it wasn't for her, Corey wouldn't even be here right now. She took care of him when he needed it and I was forever in debt for that. 

Corey was the type of person that needed someone to show him that they loved him. If they showed him, he would show it back. 

"I love you so much, Adette," He told me. 

"I love you more," I smiled. 

------------------------------------------------------------

I stretched out my arms and wiped my eyes. I wanted so bad to go back to sleep, but then I remembered where I was and sat up. 

"The mother has awoken," Corey joked.

I looked over at Everleigh and saw that Floor was holding her. 

"Angeline loves Everleigh," Corey told me. "She didn't want to stop holding her."

"Where are Angeline and Griffin?" I asked. 

"Your parents took them out to go eat some lunch."

"Oh. All of them?"

"Keanu, your mom, your dad, and Till."

"She's gorgeous," Simone sat down next to me. 

"Thank you," I smiled. "She's definitely one of a kind. When did you guys get here?"

"About an hour ago."

"I've been sleeping for an hour?!"

"Longer than that," Corey said. 

I was so happy. I had the love of my life next to me, our daughter, and everyone. I wondered where Ashton was, though. 

It was so fucking crazy because right at that moment, Neil, Amelia, and Ashton walked through the door. 

"Mommy!" He ran to me and hugged me. 

"Hi," I whispered. "Shh, okay?"

"How come you're at the-the-the doctor's?"

"Because Mommy had a baby."

"A baby?"

"You have a little sister."

"A little sitter?!"

"Yeah," I chuckled. 

"Here, buddy," Corey grabbed Everleigh and showed her to Ashton. 

"Don't touch her," I told Ashton. "You haven't washed your hands."

"Sorry," He stared at her for a long time. 

"Paul might come," Corey told me. 

"What?" I looked at him. "That's going to be so many people. Corey, that's like, 13 people!"

"13?" He chuckled. "Chillax. He meant tomorrow."

"Oh," I giggled, but then Everleigh started making noises. 

I looked down at her and she was scrunching her eyebrows together and looked as if she was going to cry. 

"She's hungry," Corey said. 

"I know," I grabbed Everleigh from him, draped a blanket over my chest, then fed her. 

"I want a baby," Amelia said. "Babies are so adorable."

"They're a lot of work," I reminded her. 

"It's worth it," Neil wrapped an arm around her. "I mean, look at how Ash turned out."

I smiled as Ashton was silently playing with his toys. 

"Yeah, he turned out just fine," I smiled and kissed Corey. "I love you so much."

"I love you more, Adette."

------------------------------------------------

Flashback

"I love you," I said as he rubbed my bare back. 

"I love you more," Corey said. 

"Not possible. I love you more than you love me."

"No," He chuckled. "I love you more than all the fights we've had, all the bad days ahead of us, all the good times ahead of us-everything. I love you more than life itself. I love you."

I turned my back to face him and stared at him in awe. What had just come out of his mouth was pure poetry. No one had ever said anything that caring to me before and he just did. He knew exactly what to say that could make me the happiest person ever. 

I hugged him and cried. 

I didn't know what I did to deserve this beautiful, kind, loving man. He was the perfect man for me and the best man for me that I could ask for. He knew me better than I knew myself and didn't brag about it. 

He made me feel better about myself. Even through all the bad times we had with each other, we always got reminded of the good times we had because that is what life is made up of: memories.