Chapter 135

June 24, 2011

I woke up at a hotel and heard noise coming from the front room. I brushed my hair and teeth, then walked out and saw Charlie, Kaitlin, Rob, and Glenn all watching T.V.

"Hey!" Kaitlin shouted. "There's eggs on the stove!"

"That's alright-I'm not hungry," I said. 

"No, no!" Rob argued. "You're going to keep saying this over and over again and soon, you're not going to be eating anything-you're going to have an eating disorder."

"Shut the fuck up, Rob!" Kaitlin shoved him. "That won't happen."

"It could," Charlie added. 

"You guys are not helping!" Kaitlin yelled. 

I chuckled and walked back into the room, then heard my phone ringing. I picked it up and saw that it was an unknown number. 

"Hello?" I answered. 

"Adette?" A voice asked and I knew who it was. 

That voice would be implanted into my brain for the rest of my days. 

"V-Ville?"

"I'm checking up on you to see how you are."

"I've had better days."

"You want to hang out?"

"What?"

"I said-"

"No, I know what you said. Why would you want to hang out?"

"Because I was in town. You don't have to if you don't want to."

"No, no, that's fine."

"Alright. I'm at your hotel."

"How do you know-" He hung up. 

I went to put on different clothes, but I only had the ones from the funeral. 

"Um, I have to go," I said. 

"Have fun!" Kaitlin shouted. 

"How did you-"

"I could hear you."

"Oh, okay. Bye."

"Bye!" Everyone shouted. 

I walked out and saw Ville sitting in the lounge. I approached him and I stopped in my tracks and got butterflies. His hair was shorter, yes, but he was still so beautiful. And his eyes-I couldn't stop staring at them. 

"You ready to go?" He stood up. 

I nodded my head. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thanks for hanging out with me today," I thanked him after he dropped me off at Angie's house. "It gave me a chance to get my mind off of things."

"You're welcome. I'll see you around."

"I'll see you around."

I walked inside and Angie came rushing to me and hugged me. 

"You were gone the whole day!" She exclaimed. 

"I know, I'm sorry-I went and hung out with Ville."

"Valo?"

"Yeah."

"Wow. I never would've thought that you two would hang out together again."

"Me either."

"How was it?"

"It was fun."

"It was fun?"

"Yeah-we went to go get food, then we watched a movie."

"What movie?"

"I don't know, I fell asleep."

She chuckled. "You okay?"

"I'm fine. Are you?"

"No."

"Me either."

"I hate not having him here, Adette," She started crying. "I miss him so much. We were supposed to get married."

I set down my stuff and hugged her while she cried to me about her problems. For once, it wasn't me crying about my problems. I didn't really know how to help other people, but it seemed to be working for Angie. 

"You know what always seems to work for me?" I asked. "To keep my mind off of things?"

"What?"

"Blaring music and cleaning."

"I've never tried that before."

"Well, I'm a mom, so it has to work," I chuckled. "You don't have to clean if you don't want to."

"I won't make you do all of the work."

Angie blared some of her music that she listened to-obviously not what I would listen to-and we cleaned the whole fucking house. It took the rest of the day, but everything was clean. 

I didn't cry at all while we cleaned-I just thought. I thought about what I needed to do and what I wanted to do. 

And I needed to collect myself.