Chapter 80

February 18, 2004

Corey invited me over to just hang out with them for one day-which was really weird, but kind. 

"Ashton, come on!" I yelled. 

He got into the car, buckled himself up, then I drove to the mansion. I wondered if his family was going to be there or not. I would have to explain to his wife that I was just a friend which might make things a little tense. 

"Turn on 'Wicked Game', Mommy," Ashton said. 

Every time we would drive, he would request that song. And every single time, I would tell him no. But, I had to get over it at some point. 

I put in the CD and played the song. As the opening riff played, I tensed up, but breathed calmly. 

When I heard his voice, I got stressed out, but I heard Ashton singing, too which made it better and easier. 

I pulled into the driveway and texted Corey, letting him know I was here. 

I got Ashton out and he asked me where we were. 

"We're at a friend's house," I told him. 

He started whining and tugging on my shirt. 

"Don't whine. You ask."

"Can you hold me?" He asked. 

I picked him up and ran to the door, making him chuckle. The door opened and revealed a short man-a little taller than me-who had long black hair and a huge forehead. 

"Um, I think I'm at the wrong-"

"No, you're at the right place," He smirked. "Follow me."

"What the fuck?" I muttered and held Ashton tightly in my arms. "I'm not going inside."

"What? Why?"

"Because I don't fucking know you! Don't repeat that, Ashton."

He groaned. "COREY! COREY! GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!"

I flinched and squinted my eyes, but I didn't shake as bad. 

Corey came into view and I gasped. 

"Your hair looks so good!" I told him. 

"I know!" He exclaimed. "It's fucking awesome!"

"Who is he?" I pointed to the short man. 

"His name is Joey."

"Joey?"

"Joey."

"How do you know him?"

"Why? Are you scared?"

"I don't know him."

"Don't be a pussy. Come on."

I rolled my eyes, ran past Joey and stayed near Corey. He led me downstairs and there was all this musical equipment. 

"I have to show you something," He said. 

"Okay..." I said. 

A bunch of emerged from the walls and into the room. That was when I realized it was a little mini recording studio. Joey sat down in his seat behind the drums and everyone else strapped on their instruments while some just stood behind these metal trash cans-or at least that's what it looked like.

Corey stood in front of the microphone and nodded his head towards the men. 

They started playing the intro to "Eyeless" and Ashton jumped down from my hands and started head banging. It was so good. It sounded exactly the same as the studio recording.