Chapter 106

April 16, 2006

I opened up the door and that's when Melissa and Taylor both gasped-they saw my stomach. 

"Congratulations!" They both screamed while hugging me. 

They were closer than I was with any of them. They hung out together constantly and whenever I called one, the other was with her. I missed my friends, but I was so with my family that I had no time for them. 

They walked inside and started talking about their funny experience at the store. I was faking a laugh that was believable, but deep down inside, I was hurting. 

"We have to go, though," Taylor abruptly said. "We have to go to a concert."

"A concert?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Who?"

"Irrelevant. We have to fly out to go see them and-"

"Who is it?"

"H.I.M."

"Oh," My heart shattered. They had never brought this up to me or even asked if I wanted to go. Would I have gone? No, but it's the fucking thought that counts. "Well, go have fun."

"Adette-"

"It's fine, Melissa. Bye."

They walked out, so I slammed the door shut and locked it. I started to softly cry as I realized what had just happen. They had just gotten here, and they had to leave. It's as if my apartment was on the way to the airport and that's the only reason why they could come. 

I grabbed my keys and drove to go meet up with 'Slipknot'. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I arrived at the house, I rang the doorbell and wiped away my tears. I had been crying the whole car ride. 

"Hi!" Paul opened up the door and hugged me, but then noticed my face. "You alright?"

"I'm fine," I lied. 

"Come here," He grabbed my hand and led me outside. "What's wrong?"

"I don't have any friends," I softly started to cry. "My two best friends are best friends with each other now and haven't been keeping in contact with me at all! They're going to a concert right now to go see H.I.M. and they didn't even invite me!"

"I'm sorry, Adette. But, you know, you always have us, right?"

"Yeah, I know," I mumbled. It wasn't good enough. 

"Come on, let's go inside."

He wrapped an arm around me as we walked inside. 

Sid's face lit up as soon as he saw me, but then he looked down at my stomach and gasped. 

"Really?!" He gasped and ran over to me. "Really?!"

"Really," I smiled, nodding my head. 

He hugged me tightly and I hugged him back. Everyone slowly started making their way over and hugged me while congratulating me. 

"It's Corey's," Paul clarified, clearly joking. 

Paul walked over to me and hugged me. There was something about Paul's hugs that made you feel very warm and welcome-and I hadn't felt that way in a long time. I hugged him tightly while I shut my eyes and enjoyed the moment. 

"Hey, hey!" Corey shouted. "What the fuck is going on?"

I groaned, letting go of Paul. "You ruined the moment, Corey."